Chinese Mandarin Speaking Procurement Assistant
Location - Reading
Full-time ongoing contract
Salary dependent upon experience plus benefits
Our client, a leader in developing advanced optoelectronic devices for the next generation of communications networks and a proven track record of innovation over many years, are now looking to recruit the procurement assistant.
- Assist the procurement manager to sort out supplier information
- Prioritising and taking action on incoming purchase requests; Liaising with internal stakeholders to review and clarify requirements
- Inputting data onto systems to raise purchase ordering
- Ensuring the timely delivery of goods or services purchased from suppliers by tracking order and confirm lead times, delivery dates and costs.
- Resolving any scheduling difficulties, taking preventative action to avoid re-occurrence
- Liaison with finance department in identifying/resolving invoice discrepancies and system disputes.
- Archive the recorded documents.
- Deal with production delivery and sample delivery to HQ and affiliated company in oversea.
- Upload the timesheet for all permanent employees
- Offer other day to day administration support
- Experience user in relevant office software and Information Management System. With ability to maintain the data in purchase ledger
- Attention to detail, thoroughness and accuracy
- Good capability levels in analysis and interpretation of data, being able to draw qualitative conclusions
- Strong communication skills with the confidence to challenge business processes / information, where appropriate
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders to ensure the right outcomes for both the organisation and internal/external stakeholders
- Able to interact at all levels within the company
- Support company Health, Safety & Environmental policies within the company
- Professional approach internally and externally at all times
- Fluency in both English and Chinese (written and spoken),
- Good command of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Good team spirit, open to a diverse workforce and a Chinese business culture
- Hands-on and can-do attitude
- Well-organized and structured working style
Before you apply, please make sure you have the Right to Work in the UK from the start of your employment without requirement for work/visa sponsorship.
To apply, please send your CV to Catherine.Sun@projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.