Principal Software Engineer
We have requirement of Principal Software Developer, reporting to Software Engineering Manager, who will be a key member of the engineering leadership team within the development team. Every day, you will work closely with your project team to deliver high quality software, coaching and mentoring engineers through their day-to-day technical decision-making, supporting product owners to prioritise their backlogs and helping analysts and testers understand complex systems. Above all, you will lead delivery of high-quality software.
The Ideal Candidate
As an organisation, we support all our colleagues in gaining new skills and experience. To be successful in this role you may have experience of some, but not necessarily all, of the following:
- Expert knowledge of C# and automated testing
- Deep technical expertise in at least one or multiple of: web development; back-end services/APIs, distributed systems & messaging
- Building one-click build and deployment pipelines that compile, run tests, create cloud infrastructure, and deploy new versions with zero downtime
- Strong experience of hands-on technical leadership across multiple teams and stakeholder management with both technical and business stakeholders
- Experience of driving technical improvements in a wider engineering community and best practice across multiple technologies, teams, and locations
- Design attractive modern UX that is accessible and attractive and follows a set of brand guidelines
- Strong communication, able to explain problems and potential solutions in a way that enables a range of colleagues to understand and engage with the pros and cons of proposed technical choices.
- Proven experience of working collaboratively with people from a range of backgrounds and experience.
- A track record of iterating and driving increased team performance over sustained periods of time, in terms of technical solution quality, velocity and user success.
- Significant experience working in areas with technical debt and operational complexity.
- Strong experience of working with complex distributed systems and microservices/SOA.
- Monitoring complex distributed systems using tracing, correlations, and dashboards
We use a wide variety of tools and technologies across our teams, and no one expected to work with or have experience of, all of them. To give you an idea though:
For our APIs and back end services, we primarily use C# and .net 5/core and asp.net on Azure, as well as persistence layers like MongoDB, ServiceBus and Azure Search.
We also create and support reliable and scalable cloud based microservices on Azure and Amazon Web Services use Git for version control, Teamcity and Octopus Deploy and we use lots of Terraform and PowerShell.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Principal Resourcing Partner - Technology, IT, Digital TV
Salary: Bonuses per placement, 25 days hols, Healthcare
BI Developer / Reporting
Location: Theale, Berkshire
Senior Python Developer
Location: London, England
AWS Developer / Engineer
Location: Salford, Greater Manchester