A leading player within the telecoms space are currently recruiting for a number of C# Developers to join their well-established, highly skilled team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, development and 3rd line support of logical network inventory systems, support data and telephony services.
You will work on a number of projects covering the full lifecycle from initial idea through to delivery. This team work on a wide range of applications and as such their developers need a combination of back-end data skills (MS Stack) as well as front-end development in C# and .NET.
The role itself will involve but not be limited to the following:
- Technical involvement in all stages of the development lifecycle of products and services, primarily using the Microsoft SQL Server stack and ASP.Net framework
- Responsible for the development, integration, support and maintenance of inventory based applications/services written in C# and using Microsoft SSIS.
- Involvement with all development aspects within the development lifecycle from design through to the support and enhancement of applications once they are in production.
- Work with the Development Manager to define and maintain software development standards and methodologies. Promote development standards and best practice within the team.
- Responsible for ensuring that all deliverables are of appropriate quality and meet the sated requirements (e.g. design documentation, software, unit test documentation & results, etc).
- Work closely with the business to ensure applications are operationally robust and that application performance remains within defined boundaries.
- Design, development, and support of ETL processes to move and manage data within inventory systems
- Design, development, and support of web based end user interface used by the business
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven track record in Microsoft SQL Server development involving large data volumes
- Proven track record in programming in C#
- Strong knowledge of the .NET framework.
- Proven experience of developing ETL solutions involving large data volumes
- A team player committed to getting the job done in a timely and quality driven manner.
- Proven experience of developing software within a well-defined development process. Fully familiar with the tools and techniques used (e.g. UML, and Agile Development).
- Proven design and development skills, using some or all of the following technologies / languages: (Classic ASP, C#, SSIS, SSRS, PHP, Perl, Python)
- Able to communicate and collaborate with a variety of audiences (both technical and non-technical) to achieve the department objectives, deliver projects and work items.
- Have a sound understanding of IT systems (preferably those used by a large Telco) and worked in a variety of IT or Technical roles. Has a good understanding of the potential value of technology solutions for business problems.
- Knowledge of network technologies (DOCSIS, FTTP)
- Microsoft C#
- .NEt framwork
- Microsoft Stack- SSIS / SSRS / SSAS
- SQL Server
- Tools (Visual Studio, TFS, Git)
- Git / TFS
If this role is of interest, please send a copy of your CV in the first instance.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.