Project People are partnering with a national telecoms organisation in Berkshire to recruit a business focused Project Manager, to start immediately. With previous experience of Marketing and Propositions, your core duties will include:
- Managing indirect matrix teams (20+) per project across the business.
- Managing budgets for each individual project, worth £1m+.
- Take responsibility for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Working towards KPI's and successful delivery of business outcomes.
- Maintaining relationships with key contacts such as Release Managers and Technical Delivery Managers.
- Ensuring business outcomes for projects are defined, approved and delivered, and that business cases are created and approved.
- Leading project teams; building matrix teams of people from across the business required to achieve outcomes.
- Leading and managing project teams through project life cycles.
- Building and managing end to end project plan and monitoring and report on progress.
- Implementing strong governance for projects which will be aligned with overall governance processes.
- Ensuring that the transition of projects into BAU is managed effectively in order to minimise customer disruption.
- Providing coaching and mentoring as required to further the careers of Project Managers.
- Significant proven experience and ability in delivering major business projects.
- Experience of managing individual budgets/projects simultaneously, with an individual value of £1m minimum.
- Ability and proven experience of leading matrix teams of high performing employees.
- Customer focused approach.
- Strong track record of building and managing relationships at all levels.
- Formal project management qualification e.g. PRINCE2, APMP.
- Previous experience of working in an organisation that uses release management or similar formal change methodologies.
- Experience within either a Telecoms, Technology or Retail organisation.
- Strong financial management and budgetary control.
- Telecoms industry experience is strongly advantageous.
- Business Analysis and strategy experience.
- Degree educated.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.