We are looking for a Broadcast Engineer with a background in digital video broadcasting to work for a global media/broadcasting company. The role has great benefits on offer such as a training academy, great career development and opportunities due the scale of this organisation and much more.
The role will involve being part of a 24/7 shift team with the flexibility of a good proportion of days off in between shifts.
You will work closely with the Engineering Supervisor and the System Specialists, to deliver Coding and Multiplexing services to the company and other external partners providing 1st and 2nd line support functions.
You will work with leading edge MPEG and DVB technology providers, so a good understanding of MPEG and DVB is required along with I.T. skills and the ability to research and implement technical updates.
What the role will be doing:
- Work closely with engineering staff from other departments and service providers to ensure that operation and resilience of transmission systems is maintained at all times.
- Maintain, align, modify and update electronic equipment and systems within the area as required.
- Write and modify software to meet engineering requirements, taking into account the individuals training and experience.
- Devise ways of achieving the required level of resilient transmission systems by means of technical innovation and development.
- Identify and implement alternative ways of meeting programme transmission continuity and other requirements to cover equipment failures with minimum loss of service.
- Advise operational and production staff on the technical capabilities of Broadcast Engineering systems and equipment to assist them to achieve particular results.
- Work with specialist departments, contractors and manufacturers to identify and resolve complex fault conditions or design problems, devising and implementing solutions as appropriate.
- Monitor incoming and outgoing streams to ensure that the streams are compliant to the necessary standard. Assist in the planning and execution of minor refurbishment projects.
The ideal candidate:
- A qualified broadcast engineer with relevant knowledge and experience of vision, sound, communications and computer systems as they relate to the Broadcast Engineering environment.
- Have a high level of IT networking skills, a good understanding of DVB, MPEG coding of vision and audio.
- Be able to make critical assessment of digital television pictures, waveforms and sound.
- Have good interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise effectively with non-technical customers.
For finer details on the role please contact Amanda Cager - Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org - 07796 302988.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.