|Job Title:||Big Data Engineer (Hadoop, Spark, AWS, Kubernetes)|
|Salary:||Competitive Daily Rates|
|Contact Name:||Salome Maybanks|
|Job Published:||5 months ago|
Big Data Engineer (Hadoop, Spark, AWS, Kubernetes)
6 Rolling Contract
Bracknell (office based)
I am currently recruiting for a Big Data Engineer to join my client - a leading IT Services company, on a long term contract basis.
This position will be office based 5 days a week from the start and will involve being on-call (1 week in 4).
We are looking for an experienced Big Data Engineer with the following:
1. Supporting and operating data processing applications and databases built in Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Spark, Hive, HBase, Kaftka, PostGres) and RDBMS database administration.
2. Experience of monitoring big data platforms and databases
3. Experience of supporting data solutions that have been delivered using CI/CD and customising CI/CD pipelines to deliver enhancements and CSI
4. Experience of supporting applications that run on containerised platforms (build, deployment, configuration, orchestration, operation) and AWS
5. Experience of data tools, analysing data issues and implementing bug fixes.
6. Experience of identifying and delivering service improvements to deliver TOIL reduction and shift left.
Essential Technical Skills:
- Data Technology: Hadoop, Hbase, Hive, ZooKeeper, Kaftka, Postgres
- CI/CD - Jenkins (inc groovy) & Terraform
- Platform & Cloud - Docker/Kubernetes/Helm, AWS
If you are interested in this contract opportunity and have the required experience, please submit your CV on line or email direct to Salome.Maybanks@projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Data Warehouse Manager
Location: Theale, Berkshire
Data Anayst / Manager/ Data/Insight
Location: Reading, Berkshire
SAP S4 Hana Data Migration Consultant/Lead
Chinese Mandarin Speaking - Cloud Data Center Service Operator
Location: Newport, Wales
Technical Service Engineer (Solaris)
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland