|Job Title:||Big Data Architect|
|Salary:||Competitive daily rate|
|Contact Name:||Salome Maybanks|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
Big Data Architect
Big Data Architect - An exciting new contract opportunity working within the Digital and Big Data teams looking at new, emerging products. It will be your responsibility to provide expert guidance and technical leadership to ensure the sound technical delivery of big data solutions and the evolution of the big data platform. We are looking for a Big Data Architect with experience in digital platforms and hands on experience using Scala, Python or R.
As Big Data Architect your responsibilities will include:
- Providing strategic and architectural direction, technology choices and solutions to evolve the big data platform
- Work with cross functional teams to understand and capture business problems and requirements to design and build solutions
- Provide technical leadership in end to end design, development and testing solutions in an Agile environment
- Assist development teams in migrating applications into Azure
Skills & Experiences Required:
- Experience in data warehousing, operational data stores, and large scale architecture and implementation
- Experience in Big Data technologies in the Hadoop ecosystem, Hive, HDFS, MapReduce, Yarn, Pig, Oozie, HBase, Sqoop, Spark etc.
- Hands on experience with Scala, Python or R
- Experience in cloud environment consulting services, including areas such as system design and architecture, hardware and software evaluations, systems management, and systems migration and implementation methods
- Experience with deployment tools such as Jenkins, Chef, Ansible etc.
- Experience with data warehousing tools (Netezza, SQL Data Warehouse)
- Understanding of ETL or event based data streaming, data engineering life cycle development and system design life cycle
- Proven experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with digital platforms
- Experience with large product integrations and performance enhancements
- Experience analysing large volumes of data (multi-terabyte to petabyte range)
We are looking for a lot, but in return the successful candidate will be a part of new, ground breaking product development!!
If you have the required skills and experience then please submit your CV on line or email directly to Salome.Maybanks@projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Location: Berkshire, England
Senior Recruiters - New Business, Big Hitters
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Salary: PMI, Bonuses,Commission,25 days holiday,Parking
Migration Architect (Datacentres)
Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Salary: Daily Rate
Senior Solution Architect
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Service Architect (SCADA/OT/Operational Technology/Agile/ITIL)
Location: Warrington, Cheshire