Bid Infrastructure Architect
Our client is looking for new Solution Architects to join their dynamic bid team. You will work closely with the Sales and Offerings teams to produce bid collateral on a variety of bids and tenders which vary in size and complexity. Working alongside a team of dedicated professionals, you will be driven to provide better, faster, more effective solutions. This is a fast paced environment where you will have the chance to grow and build upon your existing knowledge and ability. The work is challenging, but overall it is extremely rewarding. You will work with the latest technology offering ground breaking solutions to everyday problems.
The role will report into the bid team lead and encompass the following disciplines and responsibilities:
- Complete responsibility for technical input to qualification and business approval meetings
- Shapes technical proposals to be commercially acceptable
- To take ownership of solutions for specific key areas and managing the impact of any changes which affect the architecture of the solution
- Leads the definition of customers' overall IT architecture, designing new solutions of significant size and complexity
- Maintain reusable collateral for future opportunities
- Interacting with other Architects and programme disciplines during delivery and/or transformation to operations and EMEIA wide teams to ensure architectural conformance to process model and standards
- Manage 3rd parties and their technical deliverables
- May manage a large design team, defining the approach to larger/more complex solution delivery
- Works with customers to understand their business strategy and develop IT strategies and architecture for significant areas of their business
Key Performance Indicators
- Tangible feedback from customers and/or sales that major technical project definitions have influenced investment decisions. Regularly has technical strategies, architectures and proposals, incorporating trade-offs from the original specification, accepted by the relevant Business Approval review, without any requirement for significant proposal changes.
- Authors designs for large, complex solution developments, incorporating strategic level risks and remedies.
- Manages a large design team to achieve documented handover criteria.
- Can evidence a leading role in the development of new offerings.
- Delivers presentations and "white papers" on the impact of emerging technologies to senior customer and business representatives.
- Client-facing skills at senior-level discussion, with the ability to communicate ideas and thoughts to senior executives.
- A detailed knowledge of the Infrastructure Design Methodology and implementation.
- Self-motivating, objective setting, and strong leadership skills.
- Excellent design experience in proposing and utilizing Microsoft server technologies.
Technical Skills (SME at three or more of the following)
- Virtualisation technologies.
- Server physical architecture design including usage of System Architect (preferable).
- Microsoft technology design and implementation.
- Experience of creating cloud cost models and running cloud readiness assessments
- Experience of working with enterprise IT and implementing hybrid cloud solutions
- Automated infrastructure provisioning
- Storage / backup and disaster recovery design and implementation
- Exposure to cloud platforms e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud etc.
- Cloud automation & Provisioning including OS Blueprints, Network Services, Catalog, Orchestration, Self Service Portal
- KMS, Encryption Design
- Impex - secure import export process to transfer objects between clouds at different security classifications
- Hands on experience building solutions from cloud solution components using tools like CloudFormation, Ansible or Chef
- DBaaS for SQL, MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.