|Job Title:||BI Developer/Data Visualisation/Power BI|
|Location:||West London, London|
|Contact Name:||Caroline Kennedy|
|Job Published:||7 months ago|
I have an exciting opportunity to work as a BI Developer/Data Visualisation for a company with a fantastic office and working environment who are currently undergoing a major business transformation, underpinned by significant investment in their technology.
As an accomplished Business Intelligence Developer/Data Visualisation, you will be responsible for leading all data analytics development on the strategic Data Platform and working with key stakeholders to achieve strategic reporting business outcomes.
This role will be based in the UK but have interactions with business users in the US.
The BI Developer/Data Visualisation will be responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining the Data Platform analytics technical components. This includes relational data modelling, star schemas, reporting views and ETL batch feeds
- Producing and automating delivery of key metrics and KPIs to the business. In some cases, this will focus on making data available and others will be developing full reports for end users
- Managing the Data Platform roadmap ensuring technical future proofing, capacity and optimisation of the platform
- Working with the Service Management team to resolve any production issues that require specialist support during normal business hours
- Managing stakeholder demand and backlog of reporting requirements and needs
- Maintaining relationships with key vendors to plan and adapt the Data Platform roadmap and best leverage the capabilities that we have
- Monitoring usage of the Data Platform and working with users to deprecate reports and data sets that are not needed and creating a continuous improvement model for the data
- Actively working with users to understand data issues, tracing back data lineage and helping the business put appropriate data cleansing and quality processes in place
- Managing secure access to data sets for the business
- As we evolve the platform, this report would be involved in designing and scaling the platform for future reporting and analytics needs including Machine Learning and Big Data
- Optimising and reviewing all data aspects to ensure that the platform is running efficiently and cost effectively
- Maintaining all Data Platform technical documentation including data maps, reporting definitions, KPI definitions, report schedules, reporting procedures and dependencies
The successful BI Developer/Data Visualisation will have:
- Proven Business intelligence and data experience gained in previous roles
- Extensive experience developing using SQL, relational databases and data warehousing technologies. Primary skill required SQL, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, Power BI, Power Query and DAX
- Strong coding skills and ability to write and de-bug ad hoc queries using various tools. Python and understanding of Machine Learning is a nice to have
- Working knowledge of REST APIs
- Desirable to have working knowledge of SalesForce data structures
To apply for the BI Developer/Data Visualisation please send your CV to email@example.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.