My client are a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider who currently require an Automation Engineer within the UK Managed Service Organization for an for a recently signed managed service contractor for a UK Mobile Operator.
Reporting to the OSS & Automation Manager you will responsible for designing, developing, deploying, operating and continuously improve workflow and task automation of the Service Management and Service Assurance tools to achieve the agreed contract service levels.
You will be exposed to a wide array of OSS applications and need to collaborate with various operation and business teams in the UK and abroad to interpret customer needs and develop strong technical solutions aligned with business value.
- Daily operation and maintenance of automation processes (BMC Remedy and MYCOM OSI, Tibco, Comarch etc.) to achieve the SLA with customer.
- Maintenance work includes the daily health check, trouble shooting, configuration, getting support from tool providers, implement the fix, upgrade system, etc, to make sure the automation processes are stable and healthy.
- Configure robotics processes and objects using core workflow principles in an efficient way; ensure they are easily maintainable and easy to understand
- Maintain proper documentation (Process Design and Solution Design Documents) for the automation solutions, test procedures and scenarios during UAT and in production phase
- Manage any required integration of task automation from the Network Operation Centre SMEs (Front Office and BackOffice Engineers)
- Commission and manage acceptance into service agreed automations
- Manage the assets within the Automation Library relating to business-as-usual activities
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and optimisation
Require Skills / Experience:
- Working knowledge of one or more OSS, automation and service management solutions like BMC Remedy, MYCOM ProActor, UIPath etc.
- Experienced with agile development methodology (i.e. Safe Agile)
- Ability to coordinate with process owners and business to understand the as-is process and design the automation process flow
- Strong understanding of telecom operation processes and ability to facilitate change requirements as part of a change control process
- Basic DBMS skills and SQL skills
- Good exposure to error handling and recovery strategies
- Telecom OSS background preferable
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
1st & 2nd Line Desktop/Deskside/Service Desk/Support Engineer
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
2nd Line Deskside/Desktop Support Engineer (Windows/MS Office)
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Security Engineer - Contract - Bracknell - PKI - Splunk
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
CRM Manager (Salesforce Marketing Cloud)
Location: London, England
Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits
2nd Line Support/Desktop/Deskside/Windows 10/Office 365/O365
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland