Our client, a leading name within the telecoms sector are currently recruiting for an Assistant Commercial Finance Analyst to join their team.
The role will be supporting the Senior Commercial Finance Analyst to deliver a trusted Business Partnering relationship to enable accurate and reliable financial reporting from which key decisions on the strategic direction to successfully deliver the programme will be made.
Key responsibilties will include but not limited to:
- Supporting the Senior Commercial Finance Analyst on Finance Month end tasks. In particular, producing variance analysis reports to support the justification of accruals.
- Working with the Senior Commercial Finance Analyst to produce the month end Financial Reporting packs for review meetings with shareholders.
- Supporting the Senior Commercial Finance Analyst during the forecasting and budgeting processes. To Investigate forecasting variances with the Ops team and continuously improving the assumptions in the forecast.
- Supporting the Senior Commercial Finance Analyst to work with the Governance lead to produce robust financial controls within the governance process. For example leading the guardrail process.
- Attending weekly governance forum with shareholders as the finance lead and answer any finance related queries.
- Leading the finance mechanism of the acceleration process. Posting monthly journal transfers through the output of the Site Cost working group.
- Responsible for financial review and approval of purchase orders. Ensuring costs are correctly allocated and challenging the business from a cost perspective. Producing monthly reconciliation checks on purchase orders to ensure cost allocations are correct.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Part qualified (ACCA/ACA/CIMA)
- Strong Excel
- Show initiative and pro-active "can-do" attitude
- Strong team player
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.