The Developers will need to be comfortable working in an Agile/Scrum environment; be happy to engage with all levels of Customers and be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines. Also they will be required to travel to sites on the South Coast and Bath/Bristol area.
- Developing micro-services to provide/consume information services on an ESB (or equivalent) Integration platform
- Extension/configuration of existing software solutions (such as Open Source, COTS or in-house) to meet new requirements.
Skills - Mandatory:
- Systems and Software Engineering background including all aspects of the solution lifecycle
- Experience of operating within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Experience in developing for/with Middleware technologies such as ESB, Message brokers, and MQs for a SOA
- Experience in Rest/SOAP Web Service development
- Experience in developing solutions focussed on information/data exchange.
- Good knowledge of software design principles/coding standards and best practice
- Unit Testing of own work using appropriate tools and technologies
- Ability to document and design solutions, their deployment and administration using the appropriate tools such as UML
- Experience in the capture and traceability of requirements
- Hold a valid SC Clearance
- Experience in developing solutions with a geospatial focus
- Experience in SharePoint development/administration
- Knowledge and experience of Linux, Unix and technologies.
- Familiarity with operating within a DevOps focused environment.
- Experience using Sparx EA as a requirements capture/design tool.
- Knowledge of Open Source (particularly Apache products)
- Experience with Enterprise Search (such as Apache Lucene)
- Experience Knowledge of Middleware solutions provided by companies such as IBM (Integration Bus), WSO2, Mulesoft, JBOSS
- Knowledge of API Management, Micro services Development and Containerisation of Applications via Docker.
- Experience with Automatic Build/Deployment/Testing tools.
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft technologies.
- Knowledge of Protective Marking and Caveat Separation.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.