Applications Developer / Integrator - .Net Developer - SC Cleared
The Developer will need to be comfortable working in an Agile/Scrum environment; be happy to engage with all levels of Customers (including those of significant seniority); be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines; and be flexible and amenable to work on and hence travel to sites on the South Coast and Bath/Bristol area.
- Developing micro-services to provide/consume information services on an ESB (or equivalent) Integration platform
- Extension/configuration of existing software solutions (such as Open Source, COTS or in-house) to meet new requirements.
Skills - Mandatory:
- Systems and Software Engineering background including all aspects of the solution lifecycle
- Experience of operating within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Experience in developing for/with Middleware technologies such as ESB, Message brokers, and MQs for a SOA
- Experience in Rest/SOAP Web Service development
- Experience in developing solutions focussed on information/data exchange.
- Good knowledge of software design principles/coding standards and best practice
- Unit Testing of own work using appropriate tools and technologies
- Ability to document and design solutions, their deployment and administration using the appropriate tools such as UML
- Experience in the capture and traceability of requirements
Skills - Useful:
- Experience in SharePoint development/administration
- Knowledge and experience of Linux, Unix and technologies.
- Familiarity with operating within a DevOps focused environment.
- Experience using Sparx EA as a requirements capture/design tool.
- Knowledge of Open Source (particularly Apache products)
- Experience with Enterprise Search (such as Apache Lucene)
- Experience Knowledge of Middleware solutions provided by companies such as IBM (Integration Bus), WSO2, Mulesoft, JBOSS
- Knowledge of API Management, Microservice Development and Containerisation of Applications via Docker.
- Experience with Automatic Build/Deployment/Testing tools.
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft technologies.
- Knowledge of Protective Marking and Caveat Separation.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.