|Job Title:||Applications Architect - Contract - Hampshire|
|Contact Name:||Fred Cope|
|Job Published:||26 days ago|
Applications Architect (Security cleared) - Contract - Hampshire
Leading IT Managed Services Provider in the UK Defence sector require a skilled Application Architect to take up an important role in their new centralised Devops capability in an ongoing contract capacity.
**A national security clearance will be require but candidates not holding this level of clearance may still be considered**
The Architect will play a key role in the development of a DevOps capability focused on the delivery of applications/software based solutions for a range of projects, moving to the use of cutting edge tooling and processes.
Working on an innovative and industry leading programme, the successful candidate would work with an experienced application delivery team in the field of Biometrics, focused on the integration of large-scale web service based applications. The working environment rewards innovation and talented individuals who are able to solve complex application integration issues and work with a range of stakeholders, to help ensure the solution meets the needs.
The role would suit somebody with an applications architecture, applications integration, or DevOps background.
No previous experience working with Biometrics solutions is required but would be an advantage.
- In-depth technical understanding of Software Applications, Web applications and Web services.
- Problem solving skills to diagnose issues with Software Applications and their integration.
- Ability to understand and diagnose issues with complex data structures and messaging formats.
- Scripting (Linux or Windows) or Programming background.
- Working in a team following Agile best practices and tooling.
- Excellent written/verbal technical communication skills.
- Development/Integration of Java-based Web applications using technologies such as Tomcat, JBOSS. Messaged based Queuing systems i.e. QPID, WMQ, Rabbit.
- 5+ years of hands on Linux experience in the enterprise / data centre or 3 years Software development or Ansible scripting - no commercial experience required - but would be beneficial. Understanding of Red Hat Satellite / Foreman-Katello
Please apply via this site in the first instance or send a CV with covering note to Fred.Cope@Projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.