We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Application Support Team Lead to join the Technology team, working on our in-house developed suite of web and desktop based applications this role will take ownership and responsibility of 2nd/3rd line support, bug & issue tracking and minor change requests to systems.
Our internally developed bespoke system integrates into the core sales, reservations, operations, marketing, commercial and financial aspects of the business and operates over multiple offices based in the UK and US.
The role will involve the daily management of our Implementation and Support Analysts so the ideal candidate should have previous experience in a client or customer facing technical role, with focus on managing, supporting and mentoring a small team.
* Managing the resolution of technical issues across desktop, web and service-based applications
* The ability to lead a multi-skilled technical team within a client facing support environment
* Experience of providing application support to technical and non-technical staff
* Experience of preparing metric reports on general application performance/availability, ticket trends and longer standing recurring issues
Would be an advantage:
* Working on applications within the .Net technology stack
* Strong proficiency with SQL server and general database design
* Knowledge of software development principles and server configuration
* Taking a lead role in prioritising application based tickets and issues raised by users, working with the team and external teams to ensure a speedy response and resolution
* Analysis of common trends and frequently raised tickets, input into development workload and product roadmap
* Management of a team who act as a point of escalation for any application related issue or query
* Take ownership of best practices, standards and tools used within application delivery, documentation of knowledge bases and application support
* Coordinating the day to day work of direct reports
* Working with Senior members of the Technology team to ensure that the quality of the developed software continually improves
* Reviewing and correcting estimates and effort of work
* Participate in the evolution of the software development best practices, standards and policies used within the team
* Carry out 1st level testing to ensure new changes are working as expected
* The ability to produce technical documentation for known issues and bugs
* Solid commercial experience in the management of a technical team focused and dedicated to application or service based support
* Experience of working on large enterprise level N-Tier systems
* Excellent communication skills (written and verbal); applicants must be able to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical personnel at all levels
* Solid analytical skills
* Ability to deliver under pressure and to tight timescales
* Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities
* Experience of working within an Agile environment would be an advantage
Planning and Organising
* Ability to multi-task and be able to define priorities
* Confidence to recognise and deal with arising problems
Integrity and Sensitivity
* Maintaining integrity and discretion despite pressure from time and peers
Results Focus and Initiative
* The drive, determination and commitment to get things done
* To move things forward, achieve, get results and do things better
* An ability to think on your feet, focus quickly on the requirements of the situation while at the same time being able to relate to overall goals.
* Resolving problems under pressure.
* To recognise user need and identify ways of adding value
* To consistently deliver to required standards
* To exceed delivery standards
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.