We are partnering with a luxury travel brand who are currently seeking an experienced Application Platform Manager to join their tight knit IT & Development team.
The primary function of the role would be to lead on the development of their internal applications. You would have ownership over the technical architecture of the software, the security, cloud hosted components, automated deployment as well as testing.
This is a very interesting position to lead a cross-skilled development team to continuously improve agile ways of working and to implement DevOps philosophy.
Furthermore you can be expected to:
- Driving the team to deliver a backlog of project related development, enhancements, automation of operations and testing, removal of technical debt
- Work closely with Product Owners to ensure a prioritised backlog to support business need
- Collaborating with other development teams who consume the services you provide
- Develop the capabilities and ways-of-working within the team and with other teams to improve delivery flow, safe and secure releases
- Managing the development of the team, defining performance objectives and assess progress
- Develop and nurture a culture of excellence in Agile development and engineering based operations i.e. DevOps
- Maintaining best practices for software architecture and development lifecycles
What we are looking for:
- Extensive development experience in Microsoft software technologies including C#, SQL
- Demonstrated ability to architect software and design and build solutions based on Microsoft Azure technologies for microservices, serverless functions, and data
- Demonstrated ability to develop CI/CD pipelines (Azure Pipelines) including source code management (Azure Repos), unit testing, code assurance tools (currently Resharpener), deployment using Terraform and automated test tools (Specflow, Postman)
- Demonstrated ability to define and adapt KPIs / metrics to monitor the performance of services using Azure Monitor
- Experience of managing an engineering/development team for application development from requirement to release, demonstrating competency in business analysis, development, testing, release and warranty
- Experience of managing a technical support and application operations demonstrating competency in prioritised incident resolution, problem management, and proactive performance monitoring
- Strong experience of practising Agile (Kanban or SCRUM) and BDD.
Please apply now!
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
ServiceNow Lead Application Developer
Product Manager - Fintech
Location: Remote, Global
Product Manager - Consumer
Location: Remote, Global
IT Service Delivery Manager (Enterprise)
Location: Berkshire, England