Application Developer (VME)
Job title - Application Developer (VME)
Location - flexible within the United Kingdom
A global IT Services is seeking someone who has the experience and skills to assess VME Applications (and possibly other Mainframe technologies) and provide the detailed assessments and recommendations required for successful Application service take-on or transformation.
If you want to work alongside people with different ideas, in an inclusive business, that will welcome you and support you, this could be a great opportunity for you.
Your role as Application Developer will involve:
- Working with our business development team to engage customers to understand their business challenges, providing input to proposals, scoping application assessments and defining knowledge transfer plans
- Interrogating VME Applications and the production of an assessment of its business and system solution
- Working closely with VME projects teams to successfully and seamlessly take on new systems and workloads
- Contribute to the design, implementation and support of the transformation of VME applications
The role may also provide the further opportunity to provide application development and support and would involve:
- Providing programming solutions for VME Applications (design, implementation and support)
- Being part of a dedicated application development and support team delivering to various customers
Your skills and experience
You will be a key member of the VME Applications team and will have an understanding of all aspects of Applications Programming and support of systems using VME IDMSX COBOL, SCL, TPMS and AM languages. Ideally experienced in VME Systems, VME Software Development Cycle, and VME support services.
- Engaging and building trusted relationships with customers
- Strong communicating (written and verbal) at all levels
- Able to assess VME Applications and provide the detailed assessments
- Knowledge of VME Systems and Workloads and the associated System Management tools and procedures.
- Experience of developing VME Applications and their supporting technologies: for example IDMSX, TPMS, IS files, Cobol, Application Master, QM, SCL, Microsoft VB, Microsoft tools, Altadata, IDE
- Experience of design and of the production of high quality supporting documentation
If you feel you are a good match for this role and would like to hear more please reply to this add or send your CV to email@example.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
BI Developer / Reporting
Location: Theale, Berkshire
Senior Python Developer
Location: London, England
AWS Developer / Engineer
Location: Salford, Greater Manchester
Graduate Systems Engineer / Developer
Location: London, England
Salary: 35 hour work weeek, 26 days holiday, up tp 5 extra holiday days