|Job Title:||Application Developer (Java Developer)|
|Contact Name:||Salome Maybanks|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
Application Developer (Java Developer)
Home Working (UK only)
We have a new contract requirement for an experienced Application Developer to work as part of an Agile team for a leading, well known IT Managed Services Company.
We are looking for someone to start immediately (or with short notice) and this will be a home/remote working opportunity, the contract will run until March/ April 2022.
As Application Developer you will work at all stages of the software development life cycle, adopting best practice application standards and support others in their adoption. You will be able to work with a mix of stakeholders, internally and externally with the ability to explain technical matters in a non-technical way.
Core Skills required:
- Strong programming / development experience
- Java-based micro-services development using Spring Boot
- Apache Kafka
- Unit testing and integration testing
- Development within an Agile methodology
- Preferably familiar with Azure DevOps
- Understanding of microservices and containerisation
- Ability to write automation and integration tests
- Experience of cloud platforms to host applications (ideally AWS)
- Understanding and exposure to front end development and associated life cycle.
As Application Developer you will be responsible for:
- Estimation of User stories
- Development and Testing
- Design and develop code
- Performing peer reviews and development optimisation (reviewing what is in place and making it better)
- Collaborating with Architects, Technical Leads and other developers to produce just enough design
- Technical documentation
- Collaborating with the Agile Customer at SCRUM Meetings (or equivalent) to assign business value to technical stories
- Networking with different people and groups to support solid working relationships across teams and geographies
If you are interested in this opportunity and have the required skills and experience, please submit your CV on line
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Java Application Developer
Senior Application Developer Lead
Location: Swords, Dublin
Location: Theale, Berkshire
Senior ETL Developer
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland