The Agile Coach will be part of a team coaching and mentoring teams in behaviours and practices that will enable the successful delivery of a Business Transformation in a sustainable manner. This includes coaching teams, running training sessions, workshops and helping to prepare teams for large scale planning events.
In addition, as the team grows they will be accountable for discovering and delivering Lean, Agile and other ways-of-working or process enhancement services across the business.
Experience and knowledge
- Proven track record of helping teams continuously improve as a Scrum Master and/or Agile Coach. Knowledge of systems thinking, flow and theory of constraints.
- Experienced user of Atlassian toolset.
- Ability to identify issues and constraints through close interactions with the delivery teams, working with the teams to resolve them.
- Experienced working with and influencing various levels of management, building relationships and influence across teams and a wider community of other leaders and managers. A clear communicator.
- Ability to contribute to the development of strategies (and/or service strategies) within the coaching service.
- Will be passionate about the use of data and insight to make informed decisions, solve problems and input to operational and strategic plans. Can demonstrate the ability to gather, analyse and present information in business terms for management and leadership consumption.
Nice to have:
- Experienced operating within a model of Agile delivery at scale (SAFe, DAD, Nexus, LESS).
- Use experience and knowledge of Agile principles and practices to drive adoption of improvements, enhancing business agility and enabling teams to self-improve.
- Coach teams in the benefits of the Agile ways of working and in how they can leverage the approach (e.g. finding ways to shorten feedback loops and reduce waste to increase business agility).
- Drive continuous improvement across teams, leveraging knowledge across other areas of the business.
- Provide support and coaching to the organisation to promote the use of appropriate Lean and Agile techniques to ensure effectiveness across the Value Stream. Work to reduce cycle and lead time of business needs, as well as promoting techniques for optimizing the delivery of value based on a learning, feedback driven approach.
- Work with teams to build in frequent feedback loops to identify constraints, bottlenecks and pain points. Work with others to identify solutions and inspire change.
- Challenge conventions, behaviour and processes in order to enhance delivery. Engage teams to implement improvements.
- Collaborate with others in the coaching team, share knowledge and insights to enable continuous improvement of the practice.
- Apply Lean Product Development principles across the organisation.
If you have the skills needed for this contract, please APPLY now or get in touch with Christopher Casey at Project People today.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.