Our client, a global name within the telecoms arena are currently recruiting for an Accounts Receivable Supervisor to join their team.
The position offers the successful individual to work for an international organisation with a global client base encompassing a broad range of products and services. This opportunity will provide the ideal candidate with great exposure to apply appropriate revenue recognition accounting principles. The seasonal nature of their business also means an interesting and varied role throughout the year.
This role will sit in the company's London office, and will report to the Accounts Receivable and Collections Manager.
Your main duties will include:
- Supervise a team of 2 Accounts Receivable Associates based in London
- Supervise a temp registration finance team (3-4 months a year) and act as the team leader for query escalation
- Responsible for Finance Registration Campaign, systems and systems reconciliations across all events
- Ensure compliance with financial principles
- Liaise directly with external auditors
- Set up receivables accounting processes for new revenue streams
- Identify system and process improvements, drive and implement change
- Assist and supervise Month End closing
- Assist and supervise day to day tasks of the AR team and ensure SLAs are met
- Partner successfully with wider UK finance team to develop best practice and controls
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
The ideal candidate will also demonstrate:
- Strong knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements - with focus on Revenue Recognition Principles, Double Entry & Impact on Balance Sheet and P&L, Relevant Balance Sheet Accounts Reconciliation, Bank Reconciliation
- Strong understanding of Anti Money Laundering Regulations (AML) Know Your Customer (KYC) and GDPR
- Proven Accounts Receivable experience
- Proven supervisory experience
- Proven experience of system/process improvement
- Highly organised individual with excellent attention to detail. Proven experience of working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to balance and prioritize effectively
- Tenacious and goal-driven attributes
- Strong levels of customer service both internal and external
- Good communication skills, very strong written English and professional manner.
- Excellent team-player, used to working towards shared objectives
- The ability to multitask
- Able to work autonomously and with the ability to recognize when to request assistance
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills including advanced Excel (pivot tables, lookups etc.), Word (mail merge) and Power point.
- An additional language would be an advantage (Spanish, etc.).
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.