Experienced consultant to run a series of process improvement projects impacting the Procure to Pay cycle (Accounts Payable). This role arises following the implementation of MS Dynamics AX 2012 as the companies ERP system. There is significant opportunity to improve processes to complement the new system. The PTP cycle supports the Group's operations in the UK (Witney and London) and in the US (Boston). The AP team are based in Witney, Oxford.
- Work with the Group Financial Controller and the AP Manager to devise, plan, build and implement a programme of priority improvement projects which are likely to include:
- Key supplier cycle review (working with Product team who own supplier relationship management)
- Invoice/statement registering and logging
- Invoice query tracking and resolution
- Statutory duty to report on supplier payment practices (first reporting period 6m starting 1 January 2018)
- Key monthly/weekly AP reconciliations including flights
- Process to update Journey Desk (bespoke client booking system) for flights and standard cost true ups.
- T&E expense processing
- P-card processing
- Payment processing enhancement (may need to work with system integrator to review available AX system functionality)
- Suite of PTP KPI's
- Opportunity for greater role definition and enhanced team structures applying shared service principles
- Run project to assess opportunities for more effective monitoring of compliance with agreed supplier pricing
Some adhoc support may be required to assist the AP manager with short term bottlenecks through Q1 18 as the AP team stabilises post AX go live and to support the Group Financial Controller through the year end cycle.
- Extensive experience of financial controllership
- Extensive experience of Procure to Pay cycle, ideally in a shared service centre environment.
- Track record of delivering process improvement projects. Ability to design, build and implement (team player)
- Good project management skills and experience
- AX knowledge an advantage but not essential
- Ability to communicate clearly and influence multiple stakeholders and partners (internal and external)
- Able to work under tight deadlines
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.