Our client, a leading company within the telecommunications sector are currently recruiting for an Accounts Payable Clerk to join their Finance Team.
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Supervisor, this role will be working in a complex, fast-paced, dynamic environment with a large number of suppliers.
The main purpose of the role will be to process invoices and perform accounting transactions in accounts payable and accounts receivable ledger as well as raising and dealing with queries from suppliers, customers and stakeholders from the internal business in an effective and timely manner.
The role itself will involve:
- Registering supplier invoices accurately, completely and timely in the accounting system, following the three way match process and following up with business owner on any discrepancies.
- Verifying vendor accounts by reconciling supplier statements and related transactions and prepare statement reconciliations for review.
- Resolve suppliers' and customers' queries (including the status and content of invoices) and liaise with Business Managers when necessary.
- Complete month end Balance Sheet reconciliations in AP and AR resolving any issues found.
- Raising sales invoices in accordance with the approved invoice requested by the business and perform cash receipt from customers against open customer invoices.
- Performing debt collection enquiries in a professional and timely manner and ensure aged debt are timely recovered.
- Produce monthly reports and assist with month end closing.
- Support internal and external audit activities by retrieving the required evidence.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive experience in accounts payable
- Good understanding of key accounts payable principles (i.e. P to P process, 3way matching)
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Be a highly organised and self motivated
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Strong working knowledge of finance systems (i.e. an ERP system such as SAP or Oracle)
If this role is of interest, please send a copy of your CV in the first instance.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.