|Job Title:||Access Transmission Design Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Sara Rowe|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
Access Transmission Design Engineer - 6 month contract - Berkshire - Mobile Telecoms
- Produce and support the production of High Level Designs, Low Level Designs, test plans, Deployment Guidelines and TTO`s.
- Maintain & develop the unilateral transmission test lab environment ensuring the test environment is fit for purpose.
- Be the single point of contact for all transmission testing activities including supporting all relevant lab forums, developing and maintaining test-plans, and carrying out testing where required.
- Support strategic forums to ensure design and testing are aligned with strategic drivers to maximise business benefit.
- Ensure transmission projects are delivered to the required time, quality and cost standards while working very closely with the project manager.
- Participate in technical reviews and impact analysis meetings/sessions. Review and approve partner and supplier designs & test-plans, project plans and support implementation of that plan.
- Provide technical support of the RFQ, RFP process for new vendors, supplier, MSPs
Knowledge and experience
- In depth working knowledge of Microwave and Ethernet/IP transport technologies.
- Good knowledge of IP/MPLS and synchronisation solution.
- Good understanding of leased line solutions and providers.
- In depth knowledge of lab testing environments including set-up and maintenance, test equipment, processes and test-plan development and execution.
- Experience of testing with IP transmission equipment from Huawei.
- Experience of testing with Microwave equipment from Ericsson, SIAE and NEC
- Good knowledge of IP/MPLS and synchronisation solutions and planning.
- Good understanding leased line environment.
- Proven experience of delivering high level and detailed level transport designs.
- Experience of managing partners and vendors to facilitate transmission design and testing.
- Experience of design and deployment of Transport solutions to support LTE.
- Good understanding of mobile based transmission networks in particular in a 3G and 4G network environment.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.