3rd Line Support - WINTEL Specialist
The individual shall provide third line (specialist knowledge) System Administrator (WINTEL) to support customer sites and remote deployed locations.
The applicant must be able to demonstrate third line experience of working on current and future technologies such as VDI delivered architecture. The FTEs engaged in the provision of this support service shall provide:
The role holder is self-sufficient and has recognized specialist skills in supporting multiple products and systems for multiple customers to maintain the availability of the IT service delivered to end users. The role holder also delivers medium complexity work packages as part of customer implementation projects.
- Technical Capability. Works within a team as an established systems/product specialist (e.g. detailed knowledge of the configuration of interlinked systems, implementing technical changes, building software regimes and contributing technically to service development) to support end users.
- Process. Follows established processes, releasing to the change control process verified, validated and documented enhancements to eliminate problems and proactively develop the service.
- Service Level. Recognizes opportunities to improve performance against Service Level. Acts as a point of escalation to resolve service delivery issues. Monitors performance through statistical reporting and analysis.
- Project Work. Works within a team or under guidance from the project manager with implementation of technical designs to meet service delivery requirements within own area of responsibility.
- Customer Relationship. Establishes relationships with customer's organization to deliver and enhance the service.
- Problem Solving. Takes ownership in obtaining the information, evidence and data required to diagnose and resolve more complex problems (both new and known), Escalates or gains support where appropriate. Proactively analyzes, trends and reports on information (e.g. on performance service levels) in a timely manner to resolve problems, maintain and enhance service.
- Team Working. Trains and coaches members of the team to provide knowledge, assistance and advice. Works in a problem solving team to resolve service issues. Able to act as team manager if needed.
- Business Awareness. Understands the requirements of the customer's business, the scope of the contract and knows how issues impact the delivery of service. Recognizes and reports opportunities to team manager and other relevant parties for additional business.
- Professional Development. Maintains awareness of technical and service developments, taking the initiative to extend own knowledge to learn about products, technologies and techniques to deliver enhanced service.
Mandatory Skills Required:
- Windows Server 2008 / 2012
- Vmware Vsphere 5.5 / Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V
- Active Directory management and troubleshooting
- Group Policy creation, modification, troubleshooting
Desirable Skills (some of) Required:
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013
- MS Lync 2013
- MS SQL 2012
- MS Identity Management/ AD Federation Services
- MS System Centre 2012
- Endpoint management
- Data Protection manager
- Virtual machine Manager
- Service Manager
- Server Failure Debugging
- MS WSUS patch management solution experience
- Anti Virus (VirusScan & EPO, Trend etc)
- PKI and certificate management and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2013
- Storage Solutions and SAN Technologies
- IP Networking troubleshooting skills
- Microsoft Office Applications
Key Performance Indicators
- Feedback from Customers, Service Delivery Management, Project Manager etc.
- Technical Assessments.
- Proven track record of problem resolutions.
- Evidence of sharing and re-use of knowledge.
- Successful production of documentation.
- Successful management and implementation of changes.
- Improvement/ enhancements to service delivery.
- Meets and improves service level requirements.
- Successful management of escalations in a timely manner.
- Meets project deadlines and costs within own area of responsibility.
- Errors with workarounds or fixes provided in a timely manner.
- Percentage of customer problems resolved within required timescales.
- Feedback from colleagues, team manager and other team members.
- Contribution to service improvements.
- Up to date personal learning plan
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
3rd line Engineer (VMware & Windows) - Perm - Bracknell
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Build Engineer / Integrator - Security Cleared - Basingstoke
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Information Security Manager
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Cloud Security Architect/Consultant (M365/AZ-500/MS-500/Azure)
Location: London, England