3rd Line Technical Support. Edinburgh. 3 month contract.
3rd line technical support engineer required to work on a contract basis in Edinburgh to support infrastructure services for a large financial organisation. Working in a highly skilled team of technical experts to ensure that the managed platforms (web, sharepoint and VDI services) are reliable, available and meeting end user expectations.
The key responsibilities for the role:
- Dealing with user incidents referred from 2nd level support
- Liaising with internal teams and vendors to investigate issues.
- Providing technical input to Major incident recoveries.
- owning and taking actions to resolve problems.
- Undertake release (security and vulnerability patching), build image creation and build test activities.
- Raise and perform infrastructure changes.
- Assisting projects with infrastructure build and service transformation activities.
- VMWare ESX Technologies.
- Citrix Technologies (Xenapp/XenDesktop/Netscaler)
- Microsoft Server Operating Systems- Windows 2008 R2
- Windows Deployment Tools e.g. WDS and WSUS
- Windows Scripting Technologies (VBScript/Powershell)
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft clustering including DFS config
- Microsoft SQL Server
*As this role is working in Financial services the Successful candidates will need to go through PES (pre employment screening)
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.