|Job Title:||3rd Line Support Engineer (Citrix/VMWare/Windows Server)|
|Contact Name:||Cassandre Butcher|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
3rd Line Support Engineer (Citrix/VMWare/Windows Server/Windows Infrastucture/Xenapp/XenDesktop/Netscaler) is urgently required by our Global IT Services Company for an initial 6 months rolling contract, to be based in Edinburgh Business Park, Scotland. The successful applicant will have broad experience of systems running on Windows Server technology.
Responsibilities & Skills:
- The successful applicant must have 3rd Line support experience in Windows Infrastructure, Windows Server, Citrix & VMware experience
- The 3rd Level Technical Specialist will join a small but highly skilled team of technical experts who ensure that the managed platforms are reliable and available and service meets end user expectations.
- SQL 2008, 2014 & 2016 Administration
- VMWare ESX Technologies
- Citrix Technologies (Xenapp/XenDesktop/Netscaler)
- Microsoft Server Operating Systems, in particular Windows 2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016
- Windows Deployment Tools e.g. WDS and WSUS
- Windows Scripting Technologies (VBSCript/Powershell)
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Clustering including DFS Configuration
- Understanding of Microsoft SQL Server
- Windows 10
- Symantec Antivirus Deployment/Management
- AppSense DesktopNow suite
- Lumension Endpoint Security
- Storage technologies (NetApp, EMC)
- Build engineering
- Managed testing
- Dealing with user Incidents referred from the 2nd Level support team.
- Providing technical input to Major Incident recoveries.
- Owning and taking actions to resolve Problems.
- Creating new virtual client server and infrastructure builds, updating the CMDB and build manager toolsets.
- Building and configuring new platform environments, following designs produced by the Solution Architects.
- Supporting Application Packaging team to get an Application installed on the virtual platform.
- Reviewing SCOM alerts raised for the server infrastructure and liaising with Service Management to refine the Enterprise Management monitoring.
- Modifying user profile configurations (GPO and AppSense Environment Manager) to fix issues and add new functionality.
- Analysing Windows Server performance data and employing tools such as Wireshark, Fiddler and Aternity to identify issues, bottlenecks, capacity limitations and constraints.
- Troubleshooting complicated Incidents involving many inter-connected components using formal Problem Analysis methodologies to identify root cause.
This is an urgent requirement; please apply as soon as possible if you would like to be considered. If you would like further details, please contact me on; in/cassandrebutcheruk.
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world. Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Project People and our clients are fully committed to developing an inclusive workforce. Applications are always fully considered, irrespective of race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or part-time status.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.