3rd Line Network Support (DBA Support) - Team Member
The role holder is self-sufficient and has recognised specialist skills in supporting multiple products and systems for multiple customers to maintain the availability of the IT service delivered to end users. The role holder also delivers medium complexity work packages as part of customer implementation projects.
- Technical Capability. Works within a team as an established systems/product specialist (e.g. detailed knowledge of the configuration of interlinked systems, implementing technical changes, building software regimes and contributing technically to service development) to support end users.
- Follows established processes, releasing to the change control process verified, validated and documented enhancements to eliminate problems and proactively develop the service.
- Service Level. Recognises opportunities to improve performance against Service Level. Acts as a point of escalation to resolve service delivery issues. Monitors performance through statistical reporting and analysis.
- Project Work. Works within a team or under guidance from the project manager with implementation of technical designs to meet service delivery requirements within own area of responsibility.
- Customer Relationship. Establishes relationships with customer's organisation to deliver and enhance the service.
- Problem Solving. Takes ownership in obtaining the information, evidence and data required to diagnose and resolve more complex problems (both new and known), Escalates or gains support where appropriate. Proactively analyses, trends and reports on information (e.g. on performance service levels) in a timely manner to resolve problems, maintain and enhance service.
- Team Working. Trains and coaches members of the team to provide knowledge, assistance and advice. Works in a problem solving team to resolve service issues. Able to act as team manager if needed.
- Business Awareness. Understands the requirements of the customer's business, the scope of the contract and knows how issues impact the delivery of service. Recognises and reports opportunities to team manager and other relevant parties for additional business.
- Professional Development. Maintains awareness of technical and service developments, taking the initiative to extend own knowledge to learn about products, technologies and techniques to deliver enhanced service.
- Incident Management - Will receive incidents/faults from SPOC & 2nd/3rd Line support or 3rd Parties to manage the resolution, keeping the Service Incident record updated in accordance with agreed WI.
- Problem Management - Will proactively review the Incident, Problem and other Service Management data to identify potential problems and recommend solutions.
- Change Management - Impacting, building, delivery and supporting of changes in accordance with agreed Processes and Work Instructions.
- Service Request Fulfilment - Fulfilment of Complex Service Requests based on the defined Service Catalogue including add, change or remove access to Production or Pre-Production.
- DBA Daily/Weekly/Monthly checks
- DBA patches delivery against the defined HOB infrastructure.
- DBA service/system improvements against the defined HOB infrastructure.
- Support and participate as required in all ITSCM, BCP and DR activities
- Creation and Update of Work Instructions for Triage and Knowledge Sharing
Technical Skills Required:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016
- Apache Cassandra RDBMS
- Microsoft SQL Reporting Server
- PostgreSQL 11.2
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
First Line Support Engineer
Location: London, England
2nd Line BAU Desktop Support Engineer -Microsoft/Citrix/Windows
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
VIP 2nd Line Deskside/Desktop Support Engineer (Win10/O365/BAU)
Location: London, England
1st Line Support Engineer - Windows - Dublin
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
2nd Line Engineer
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire