3rd Line Network Engineer
Location - Basingstoke
Network System Engineer required for a large DataCentre Infrastructure project on a permanent basis. This role is for 3rd Line Support working on two separate infrastructures. It may also include Project DataCentre build tasks and Service Transition tasks such as Due Diligence, design updates, creation of Work Instructions & Knowledge Articles.
3rd Line responsibilities include:
- Managing Network Support Incidents and Changes, and in addition, Project DataCentre build Network tasks and Changes; there are a high number of Change requests for tenants on each environment. Some tenants are Live and some are starting to deploy and test on the platforms.
- Monitor network solution and remediate any issues found.
- Ensure the environment is maintained and patched.
Mandatory Skills Required:
- 3rd Line Support experience.
- Network System Engineer ideally with CCNP & also qualified or working towards CCIE.
- Several years' experience in supporting a customer in a secure environment.
- Experienced in producing Low Level designs and Support collateral (e.g. WIs and KAs).
Experienced and skilled in some or all of:
- CISCO ACI
- Network Management
- CISCO ISE
- ASR & ISR Routers
- Firewalls and Encryption.
- CISCO UCS
A national security clearance is required for this role but candidates not holding this level of clearance will be considered.
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world. Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.