3rd Line Network Engineer
CONTRACT - 6 Months
Are you dynamic, self-motivated and customer focused? Can you configure Juniper SRX series routers to a 3rd line level, are you confident with BGP/IPSEC & PKI Prime, MPLS, with a "right
1st time" approach and attitude? Do you want to be proud to work for a company that respects its people and is at the forefront of technology? We are looking to grow our team with committed people, and seek a 3rd line WAN Network & Project Engineer to deliver for our customers across the region.
Set the Scene:
We are looking for a 3rd line WAN Engineer. The role will involve day to day BAU management of Incidents, problems and Change Configuring SRX series routers to meet tight project and operational support deadlines to enable the support/delivery of secure network services globally.
We need an experienced 3rd line network engineer to join a small team of highly skilled engineers based in Solihull to manage and support the new Ministry of Defence Juniper Core Network. (MCN) WAN estate
Daily duties will include a mixture project/implementation work, general operational support activities, proactive network enhancement, support escalations and fault finding.
We require a skilled 3rd line engineer capable of configuring, trouble shooting and tuning Juniper network devices.
The successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of configuring and tuning the following
- Juniper SRX platform - successful candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of Junos & experience in various SRX platforms. Candidate will have comprehensive CLi exposure.
- Candidate will also have in-depth knowledge of routing and switching
- BGP - successful candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of configuring and tuning BGP, to include topics such as policy based routing, manipulation of attributes, load-balancing techniques, and lastly have comprehensive troubleshooting skillset.
- IPSEC - successful candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of IPSEC VPN's and be familiar with troubleshooting.
- MPLS - successful candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of configuring and troubleshooting MPLS
- PKI - successful candidate will have knowledge of PKI infrastructure elements and be familiar with certificate based VPN authentication
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.