|Job Title:||3rd Line Infrastructure Support Engineer - PERM|
|Salary:||£35000 - £350000 per annum|
|REF:||FJS - P - NP - Infra_1557905825|
|Contact Name:||Nancy Pottinger|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
3rd Line Infrastructure Support Engineer - PERMANENT
The OEHE 3rd tier support role will effectively manage and own assigned incidents escalated from the OEHE 2nd tier support team. These incidents will cover both infrastructure and OEHE application issues which require investigation and resolution or escalation to 4th tier support. The individual will also be asked to support other OEHE supporting activities including but not limited to the following:
* DTT administrator
* Executing assigned technical maintenance activities
* Providing technical input into resolver groups
* Providing technical input into service management reports
* Providing technical input into service capacity management
* Highlighting potential service improvements to the 4th tier lead
* Technically supporting ad-hoc requirements from the OEHE support and delivery teams
Security clearance or willing to be Security cleared. Excellent communication skills will be required as well as a good technical knowledge of infrastructure, applications and secure IT solutions.
Knowledge of secure MOD infrastructures, protective marking, security caveats, Impact Levels, security clamps, will be required.
A knowledge of C4ISR will be a considerable advantage. As will knowledge of NATO applications or coalition operations.
Mandatory Skills Required:
Must have knowledge in VM/SAN.
Excellent team player, takes ownership of assigned tasks and anticipates and identifies potential issues. Experience of IT support, incident resolution and system management of secure IT solutions, IT infrastructures, application hosting or components that contribute to IT service delivery.
* Excellent customer communication skills.
* Technical knowledge of secure IT infrastructures, applications, IT security policies and enforcement.
* Experience in supporting secure IT infrastructures
* Experience in incident resolution and system management of secure IT infrastructures (including system backups)
* Experience of patch management and software delivery with Microsoft Systems Centre Configuration Manager
Proven strong technical understanding and support of some or all of:
* Understanding of ITIL system management
* Windows Server 2008 platforms
* Microsoft Group Policies
* Supporting Citrix XenApp application access
* VMware ESX and vCentre
* Management of SAN based storage system (ideally NetApp)
* Systems Centre Operations Manage 2007, 2010 or ideally 2012 reporting and managing
* Systems Centre Configuration Manager 2007, 2010 or ideally 2012 reporting and software delivery
* Fujitsu Primergy RX and BX server management
* Anti-Virus management and reporting
Desirable Skills Required:
* Experience of HP Protect Tools password management
* Lumension Application and Device Control (or Sanctuary)
* Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013
* SharePoint Site Management
* SQL Server 2008 database management
* Oracle 10g database management
* Postgres Database's management
* Experience of Java based application support
* Appache web server management and support
* IIS web services management and support
* Cisco switch management
* Cisco Firewall management
* CA Spectrum reporting
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world. Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.