|Job Title:||2nd line WAN NOC engineer|
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands|
|Contact Name:||Damian Wolski|
|Job Published:||8 months ago|
2nd line WAN NOC engineer
Type of role: contract
Start date: ASAP
End date: Nov 2020
Our client is among the world's leading global IT service providers and they are now looking for 2nd line WAN NOC engineer.
The role holder is self-sufficient when resolving routine problems or enquiries across several products, product sets and systems or technologies for multiple customers. The role holder is competent when working under pressure and has a degree of autonomy when dealing with unexpected problems, more complex escalations and helping to maintain the availability of the IT services delivered to end users. The role holder also delivers low to medium complexity work packages as part of customer implementation projects.
- Technical Capability. Works within a team with some supervision supporting end users with technical queries relating to several products/systems (e.g. Microsoft products, operating systems, networks, applications, PCS).
- Business Awareness. Develops an understanding of the customers' environment and service delivery requirements to enable the delivery of the service.
- Process. Follows established processes/systems and recommends improvements to these as appropriate to resolve routine customer enquiries. Documents actions taken to resolve enquiries.
- Problem Solving. Takes ownership for listening to and understanding the customer's problem. Escalates and/or gains support where necessary to resolve the problem. Uses relevant information to diagnose and to resolve or enable resolution in a timely manner.
- Service Level. Escalates issues as necessary to deliver required service level and meet or exceed customer expectations/SLA. Monitors performance through statistical reporting and analysis.
- Team Working. Acts as a team player being viewed by colleagues as an effective and helpful member of the team, demonstrating personal leadership and initiative.
- Professional Development. Takes responsibility for learning about current products/systems to build own technical knowledge to support business requirements.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.