|Job Title:||2nd line Support Engineer - Team Lead|
|REF:||FJS - P - NP - TLFL_1566555579|
|Contact Name:||Nancy Pottinger|
|Job Published:||27 days ago|
2nd Line Engineer - Team Lead - PERMANENT
The 2nd Line support role will require the candidate to lead, investigate and resolve issues and incidents passed on from the 1st tier support team.
The 2nd Tier will in effect be the first line of investigative response and will be required to manage and own assigned incidents escalated from the 1st tier support team.
These incidents will cover both infrastructure and application issues which require investigation and resolution or escalation to 3rd tier support. The individual will also be asked to support other supporting activities including but not limited to the following:
- Executing assigned technical maintenance activities
- Providing technical input into resolver groups
- Providing technical input into 1st line support scripts to reduce incident escalation to 2nd tier
- Providing technical input into service management reports
- Technically supporting ad-hoc requirements from the support and delivery teams
- Excellent customer communication skills will be required as well as a good technical knowledge of infrastructure, applications and secure IT solutions.
- Knowledge of secure MOD infrastructures, protective marking, security caveats, Impact Levels, security clamps, would be advantagous.
A national security clearance is required for this role but candidates not holding this level of clearance will be considered.
Shift pattern is 4 days (7am - 6:30 or 7:30 - 7pm) then 4 days off. Followed by 4 nights (7pm - 06:30am or 19:30 - 7am) then 4 days off. Then it starts again and this continues all year round including Xmas day and bank holidays.
- Excellent team player, takes ownership of assigned tasks and anticipates and identifies potential issues and service improvements.
- Experience of IT support, incident resolution and / or system management of secure IT solutions, IT infrastructures, application hosting or components that contribute to IT service delivery.
- Excellent customer communication skills.
- Technical knowledge of secure IT infrastructures, applications and IT security policies and enforcement.
- Experience in supporting secure IT infrastructures
- Experience in incident resolution and / or system management of secure IT infrastructures
- Proven technical understanding and support of some or all of
- Understanding of ITIL system management
- Windows Server 2008 platforms
- Microsoft Group Policies
- Supporting Citrix XenApp application access
- VMwareESX and vCentre
- Management of SAN based storage system (ideally NetApp)
- Base understanding of Systems Centre Operations Manage 2007, 2010 or ideally 2012
- Base understanding of Systems Centre Configuration Manager 2007, 2010 or ideally 2012 software delivery
- Anti-Virus management and reporting
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world. Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
2nd Line Support Engineer - Windows 10 - Dublin
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
2nd Line Deskside/Desktop Support Engineer (Windows 10 & O365)
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, E. of England, England
1st & 2nd Line Desktop/Deskside/Service Desk/Support Engineer
Location: Edinburgh, Central Belt, Scotland
1st Line Network Support Engineer
Location: Solihull, West Midlands, W. Midlands, England
First Line Support (Customer Service) - Fujitsu
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire, S. E. England, England
Salary: Up to £10.19 per hour