2nd Line Support Engineer - Contract - Poole, Dorset.
Office 365 / Windows 7/10.
A global IT services company is searching for a 2nd Line Support Engineer with strong desktop / deskside support skills to join their team in Poole on a long-term contract basis.
You will be responsible for providing on-site desktop support for technical infrastructure to 50+ end users at a customer site in Poole; advising and assisting users in solving problems related to software, hardware, networks and peripherals using available technology.
- Hardware & software break fix including IMAC services
- Software and system fault diagnosis, analysis and fix.
- Case management of incidents via Customer ServiceNow in line with SLA's
- Hands and eyes diagnosis for remote network team
- Liaising with other teams or vendors to resolution
- Assisting with projects as they arise (network device refreshes etc)
- Proactively keep customer updated with problem status at all times
- Identifying and reporting risks in accordance with guidelines
- Manage the refresh of customer laptops after the lease period
- Comply with Asset Management policies
Skills and Experience Required:
- PC/Desktop support knowledge including Windows 7/10 & Office 365
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Experience in providing remote support and using remote desktop tools
- A good understanding of networking and network infrastructure (WAP's, switches)
- Good knowledge of laptop hardware
- Administering Windows shares and file permissions
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.