2nd Line Engineer - PERMANENT
The 2nd Line Engineer will, investigate and resolve issues and incidents passed on from the 1st tier support team.
You will in effect be the first line of investigative response and will be required to manage and own assigned incidents escalated from the 1st tier support team. These incidents will cover both infrastructure and application issues which require investigation and resolution or escalation to 3rd tier support.
You will also be asked to support other supporting activities including but not limited to the following:
- Executing assigned technical maintenance activities
- Providing technical input into resolver groups
- Providing technical input into 1st line support scripts to reduce incident escalation to 2nd tier
- Providing technical input into service management reports
- Highlighting potential service improvements to the tier lead
- Technically supporting ad-hoc requirements from the support and delivery teams
A national security clearance is required for this role but candidates not holding this level of clearance will be considered.
Shift pattern is 4 days (7am - 6:30 or 7:30 - 7pm) then 4 days off. Followed by 4 nights (7pm - 06:30am or 19:30 - 7am) then 4 days off. Then it starts again and this continues all year round including Xmas day and bank holidays.
Excellent customer communication skills will be required as well as a good technical knowledge of infrastructure, applications and secure IT solutions. Knowledge of secure MOD infrastructures, protective marking, security caveats, Impact Levels, security clamps, would be advantagous. A knowledge of Command & Battlespace Management, Command and Control or C4ISR will be a considerable advantage. As will knowledge of NATO applications or coalition operations.
- Excellent team player, takes ownership of assigned tasks and anticipates and identifies potential issues and service improvements. Experience of IT support, incident resolution and / or system management of secure IT solutions, IT infrastructures, application hosting or components that contribute to IT service delivery.
- Excellent customer communication skills.
- Technical knowledge of secure IT infrastructures, applications and IT security policies and enforcement.
- Experience in supporting secure IT infrastructures
- Experience in incident resolution and / or system management of secure IT infrastructures
Proven technical understanding and support of some or all of:
- Understanding of ITIL system management
- Windows Server 2008 platforms
- Microsoft Group Policies
- Supporting Citrix XenApp application access
- VMwareESX and vCentre
- Management of SAN based storage system (ideally NetApp)
- Base understanding of Systems Centre Operations Manage 2007, 2010 or ideally 2012
- Base understanding of Systems Centre Configuration Manager 2007, 2010 or ideally 2012 software delivery
- Primergy RX and BX server management
- Anti-Virus management and reporting
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world. Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
2nd Line Engineer
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
2nd Line Desktop/Deskside Support (Windows/MS Office/Citrix)
Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester
First Line Support Engineer
Location: London, England
Network Support Engineer - 3rd Line Network Engineer
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
1st Line Support Engineer - Windows - Dublin
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland