|Job Title:||2nd Line Network Support (24x7) - Permanent - Berkshire|
|Contact Name:||Fred Cope|
|Job Published:||6 months ago|
2nd Line Network Support (24x7) - Permanent - Berkshire
*please note that a level of security clearance is required for this role however other candidates will be considered
Leading Defence industry Managed Services Provider require a 2nd Line Network Engineer to provide support on a 24/7 shift pattern.
- Event Management: Monitor Notifications and Events generated by automated systems and act as required when particular events/notifications occur.
- Incident Management: Incident logging, triage and assignment on both Microsoft System Centre Service Manager and ServiceNow Toolset.
- Manage the Incident to resolution in conjunction with the 3rd parties
- Problem Management: Will manage, monitor and resolve Problems in accordance with agreed SLA's
- Patch Deployment: Deployment of monthly security patches to Microsoft server environments using the Microsoft SCCM toolset.
- Change Management: Support and participate as required in all Change Management Activities
- Request Fulfilment: Will receive and fulfil simple Service Requests based on the defined Service Catalogue including add, change or remove access to Production or Pre-Production.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of core routing and switching at CCNP level as a minimum
- Hands-on experiencing in troubleshooting enterprise networks
- Good understanding of IP routing (BGP, OSPF, static routing, HSRP, VRF, tunneling protocols)
- Good understanding of Layer 2 technologies (VLANs, port-security, 802.1X, spanning-tree)
- Experience with firewalls - Cisco Firepower, Cisco ASA and related features (ASDM, ACLs, IPSEC VPNs)
- Experience working with Cisco Catalyst switches, Cisco Nexus switches, Cisco ISR and ASR routers, and Cisco ISE
- Knowledge of Cisco ACI
- Understanding of network-level encryption
Please apply via this site in the first instance or send a CV with covering note to Fred.Cope@Projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
3rd Line Network Engineer - Permanent - Berkshire/Hampshire
Location: Hampshire, England
Software Developer - VME - COBOL, C++ - Manchester - Permanent
Location: City Of Manchester, Greater Manchester
Business Support Administrator
Location: Londonderry, County Londonderry
Security Cleared Data Support Engineer Hadoop/CI/CD/Postgres
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Security Cleared - L3 WINTEL & VDI Support Engineer
Location: Gloucester, Gloucestershire