|Job Title:||2nd Line Network Engineer - PERM|
|Salary:||Up to £25000 per annum + 15% shift allowance|
|REF:||FJS - C - NP - Netws_1557904644|
|Contact Name:||Nancy Pottinger|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
2nd Line Network Engineer - PERMANENT
The 2nd Line service provided is 24x7 (365 days) and staff will be on a shift pattern. The individual shall augment the existing Shared Service Desk to provide support on a 24/7 shift pattern.
The service covers both network and server support. This role is for a network engineer; although the engineer is working in Shared Services and will therefore also perform server tasks: with at least SolarWinds
- Understanding of Home Office network services
- Windows Servers
- Excellent team player, takes ownership of assigned tasks and anticipates and identifies potential issues and service improvements. Experience of IT support, incident resolution and / or system management of secure IT solutions, IT infrastructures, application hosting or components that contribute to IT service delivery.
- Excellent customer communication skills.
- Technical knowledge of secure IT infrastructures, applications and IT policies and enforcement.
- Experience in supporting secure IT infrastructures
- Experience in incident resolution and/or system management of secure IT infrastructures
- Awareness of DevOps methodology
Proven technical understanding and support of some or all of:
- Understanding of ITIL Service Management
- Cio ACI
- Cio ASA Firewall
- Catapan encryption system
- Network and Switches
The role holder is self-sufficient when resolving routine problems or enquiries across several products, product sets and systems or technologies for multiple customers. The role holder is competent when working under pressure and has a degree of autonomy when dealing with unexpected problems, more complex escalations and helping to maintain the availability of the IT services delivered to end users. The role holder also delivers low to medium complexity work packages as part of customer implementation projects.
- Technical Capability. Works within a team with some supervision supporting end users with technical queries relating to several products/systems (e.g. Microsoft products, operating systems, networks, applications, PCS)
- Business Awareness. Develops an understanding of the customers' environment and service delivery requirements to enable the delivery of the service.
- Process. Follows established processes/systems and recommends improvements to these as appropriate to resolve routine customer enquiries. Documents actions taken to resolve enquiries.
- Problem Solving. Takes ownership for listening to and understanding the customer's problem. Escalates and/or gains support where necessary to resolve the problem. Uses relevant information to diagnose and to resolve or enable resolution in a timely manner.
- Service Level. Escalates issues as necessary to deliver required service level and meet or exceed customer expectations/SLA. Monitors performance through statistical reporting and analysis.
- Team Working. Acts as a team player being viewed by colleagues as an effective and helpful member of the team, demonstrating personal leadership and initiative.
- Professional Development. Takes responsibility for learning about current products/systems to build own technical knowledge to support business requirements.
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world. Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.