2nd Line Messaging Support Engineer
Salary/Rate: £12 per hour
A 2nd Line Messaging Support Engineer is required to provide technical support for the Defence Messaging Solution. As part of a larger team of approximately 16 engineers the engineer will support the entire messaging system which is primarily based around Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 (moving to Exchange 2010) and Outlook 2003 (moving to Outlook 2010) as well as custom secure messaging technologies.
The engineer will have experience of supporting large IT systems and enterprise applications.
They will have a good knowledge of supporting Microsoft Exchange Servers or similar technologies in an enterprise system.
The engineer will be an excellent problem solver and will familiar with investigating incidents reported by users or event monitoring systems. The engineer will pro-actively monitor the infrastructure and make recommendations on how service failures can be reduced.
The engineer will need to resolve incidents within strict Service Level Agreements, they will also document known solutions and workarounds using an Electronic Knowledge Base.
The engineer will be required to record their actions within an incident management system.
The engineer must be prepared to provide out of hours cover via an on-call rota.
The successful candidate should have the ability to gain SC and DV Clearance.
The engineer will report to the 2nd Line Messaging Support Manager.
Skills - Mandatory
- Working knowledge of Outlook 2003 in a Windows XP environment
- Working knowledge of Exchange 2003
- Experience of HA clustering solutions and management of uptime
- Resource monitoring experience on a real time basis to maintain High Availability
- Mail Routing troubleshooting engaging with multiple partner systems and owning the progress of resolutions across outside domains
- Understanding of anti-virus principles relating to Exchange environments
- Able to gain SC Clearance as a minimum
- Exchange 2010
- Blackberry device support and BES experience
- Experience of an ITIL managed environment
- Active directory support
- GAL replication through a multi domain environment
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.