2nd Line IT Support Team Member
The role holder is self-sufficient when resolving routine problems or enquiries across several products, product sets and systems or technologies for multiple customers. The role holder is competent when working under pressure and has a degree of autonomy when dealing with unexpected problems, more complex escalations and helping to maintain the availability of the IT services delivered to end users. The role holder also delivers low to medium complexity work packages as part of customer implementation projects.
- Technical Capability. Works within a team with some supervision supporting end users with technical queries relating to several products/systems (e.g. Microsoft products, operating systems, networks, applications, PCS).
- Business Awareness. Develops an understanding of the customers' environment and service delivery requirements to enable the delivery of the service.
- Process. Follows established processes/systems and recommends improvements to these as appropriate to resolve routine customer enquiries. Documents actions taken to resolve enquiries.
- Problem Solving. Takes ownership for listening to and understanding the customer's problem. Escalates and/or gains support where necessary to resolve the problem. Uses relevant information to diagnose and to resolve or enable resolution in a timely manner.
- Service Level. Escalates issues as necessary to deliver required service level and meet or exceed customer expectations/SLA. Monitors performance through statistical reporting and analysis.
- Team Working. Acts as a team player being viewed by colleagues as an effective and helpful member of the team, demonstrating personal leadership and initiative.
- Professional Development. Takes responsibility for learning about current products/systems to build own technical knowledge to support business requirements.
- Event Management - Monitor Notifications and Events generated by automated systems and act as required when particular events/notifications occur.
- Incident Management - The Shift shall be responsible for all incidents logging, triage and assignment on both the DNS Microsoft System Centre Service Manager Toolset and the Home Office ServiceNow Toolset. All incidents support shall be Reported, Recorded, Routed and Managed.
- For the purpose of the Service Will receive incidents/faults from other RG support (Official Sensitive) manage the resolution, keeping the Service Desk record updated in accordance with agreed Work Instructions.
- Will receive incidents/faults from 3rd Line support, pass the details to 3rd parties, manage the Incident to resolution in conjunction with the 3rd parties, keeping the Service Desk record in both Toolsets updated in accordance with agreed WI
- Request Fulfilment - Will receive and fulfil simple Service Requests for HOB account based on the defined Service Catalogue including add, change or remove access to Production or Pre-Production.
- The 2nd Line Server Support will be responsible for carrying out daily checks for the following:HOB Application Daily/Weekly/Monthly checks based on defined Work Instructions
- HOB Infrastructure Daily/Weekly/Monthly checks based on defined Work Instructions
- HOB Application patches deployment against the defined HOB applications/infrastructure outside the core business hours
- Support and participate as required in all Change Management Activities
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
2nd Line BAU Desktop Support Engineer -Microsoft/Citrix/Windows
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
VIP 2nd Line Deskside/Desktop Support Engineer (Win10/O365/BAU)
Location: London, England
1st / 2nd Line Support Engineer - AD - Dublin
Location: Dublin, Republic of Ireland
2nd Line Deskside/Desktop Support Engineer (Windows 10 & O365)
Location: Belfast, County Antrim
2nd Line Engineer
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire