2nd Line Engineer - PERMANENT
The Individual shall augment the existing Shared Service Desk to provide support for Biometrics on a 24/7 Shift Pattern.
The 2nd Tier will in effect be the first line of investigative response and will be required to manage and own assigned incidents escalated from the 1st tier support team.
These incidents will cover both infrastructure and application issues which require investigation and resolution or escalation to 3rd tier support. The individual will also be asked to support other supporting activities including but not limited to the following:
- Event Management - Monitor Notifications and Events generated by automated systems and act as required when particular events/notifications occur.
- Incident Management - The Shift shall be responsible for all incidents logging, triage and assignment on both the Microsoft System Centre Service Manager Toolset and the Home Office ServiceNow Toolset. All incidents support shall be Reported, Recorded, Routed and Managed.
- For the purpose of the Service you will receive incidents/faults (Official Sensitive) manage the resolution, keeping the Service Desk record updated in accordance with agreed Work Instructions.
- Will receive incidents/faults from 3rd Line support, pass the details to 3rd parties, manage the Incident to resolution in conjunction with the 3rd parties, keeping the Service Desk record in both Toolsets updated in accordance.
A national security clearance is required for this role but candidates not holding this level of clearance will be considered.
Shift pattern is 4 days (7am - 6:30 or 7:30 - 7pm) then 4 days off. Followed by 4 nights (7pm - 06:30am or 19:30 - 7am) then 4 days off. Then it starts again and this continues all year round including Xmas day and bank holidays.
- Previous experience of working in a similar 2nd line support role.
- ServiceNow experience
- Basic infrastructure exposure
- VMWare knowledge
- Active directory knowledge
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world. Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
3rd Line Network Engineer - Permanent - Berkshire/Hampshire
Location: Hampshire, England
Location: Remote, USA
Location: Remote, Global
Location: Remote, Global
Data Support Engineer
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire