|Job Title:||24/7 Linux Administrator - PERM|
|Salary:||Up to £35000 per annum + plus 15% shift allowance|
|REF:||FJS - P - NP - LinA_1582127122|
|Contact Name:||Nancy Pottinger|
|Job Published:||about 2 months ago|
3rd Line 24/7 Linux Engineer - PERMANENT
In this role, the individual will take the role of a 3rd Line 24/7 Linux Engineer for a key customer supporting a new leading edge platform. This platform is being designed using modern technologies and approaches to provide a container orchestration and relevant tooling to allow fast development and deployment.
We are looking for someone with a positive and creative attitude that can work as part of a team, as well as interfacing with customers to assist and troubleshoot platform issues. There will also be opportunities to build and develop new skills in technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
A national security clearance is required for this role but candidates not holding this level of clearance will be considered.
- 1-2 years' experience in a customer service or helpdesk supporting software technology
- Excellent Customer Service skills and a demonstrated success exceeding customer expectations
- Familiarity with analysis and debugging skills with experience in troubleshooting
- Hands on Linux experience
- Capability, Knowledge & Expertise
- People skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work in 24/7 shift patterns
- Strong planning and problem-solving abilities
- The ability to work well under pressure
- A self-starting approach and strong communication skills
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world. Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.