WAN Network Architect
Shift pattern: Monday - Friday
Based on site 5 days a week
A national security clearance is required for this role but candidates not holding this level of clearance will be considered.
Project Peoples client is looking for a Senior Network Architect to work on delivery opportunities taking place within the secure Defence and Government sector. Your role will involve providing technical leadership within a project and you will be responsible for the network design and configuration documentation, including passing through any governance reviews, and will provide hands on technical configuration/implementation support and ensure successful handover to service.
The project requires a WAN Network Architect with:
- Demonstrable design experience in proposing and utilising technologies from global network vendors such as Cisco and Juniper, including production of summary architecture documents, high level and low-level design documentation.
- Strong technical networking knowledge with industry recognized network certifications such as Cisco CCNA/CCNP, Juniper JNCIS-ENT
- WAN routing, which must include MPLS, BGP, ISIS. Ideally the candidate has a good working knowledge of Juniper products and JUNOS operating system, in particular SRX and MX appliances. But a good knowledge of Cisco equivalent will be considered.
- Understanding of encryption overlays such as IPSec, GRE and hardware encryption would be beneficial.
- LAN switching. The candidate has a good working knowledge of all LAN Switching technologies. This must include extensive knowledge of the Juniper EX switch platform and JUNOS operating system. There must also be a basic level of understanding for the Cisco Switch platform and Cisco IOS.
- Demonstrable network device configuration skills, troubleshooting skills and approach to defect resolution.
- Solid understanding of project end to end life cycle, through initial requirements gathering (RCTM) to Operational Acceptance into Service (AiS), including good commercial and financial awareness in terms of understanding risks and dependencies associate with any delivery project.
- Appreciation how design decisions may impact ability to provide an ongoing Managed Service. Understanding of Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Excellent communications skills with multiple stakeholders, able to take ownership and responsibility and make quick decisions. Ability to communicate calmly and concisely with the Customer.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
3rd Line WAN Network Engineer
Network Architect/LAN Architect
2nd Line WAN Support Engineer
Lead Infrastructure Management Architect
CYBER SECURITY ARCHITECT - READING - CONTRACT - HYBRID