|Job Title:||Visualisation Analyst / Storyteller Analyst|
|Contact Name:||Sara Rowe|
|Job Published:||11 months ago|
Visualisation Analyst / Storyteller Analyst - Permanent Opportunity - SQL, Tableu & Alteryx - Mobile Telecoms - Berkshire - Hybrid Working
New and exciting role for a talented Visualisation Analyst to join a new and growing Digital Analytics and Insights team at one of the leading mobile operators. You will be focused on developing interactive visual data products that empower colleagues to understand trends quickly, form business outcomes and ask better questions by embedding data at the very heart of their decision making.
You will be at ease working with business users, capturing requirements, iterative development encompassing data wrangling and automated data / viz solutions using Alteryx and Tableau / Adobe Workspace. Being the first Visualisation Analyst in the team you with have the opportunity to define the visualisation strategy for Digital as the viz subject matter expert.
Working closely with other members of the Digital Analytics and Insights team covering analytic, visualisation, data instrumentation and business stakeholders to raise the profile and engagement of digital analytics across the organisation.
We're a diverse and inclusive bunch, and it's important you can feel you belong here. We value everybody for who they are and what they bring to the table, supporting one another as we continue to deliver for our customers.
Where possible we're committed to flexible working and supporting our employees to have the right work life balance. This is a Hybrid working opportunity where you will operate from Home and our Reading office with a balance of home and office based working.
A typical day will require
- Curiosity - Working with the business to define the scope of requests by understanding objectives, collaborating constructively in delivering value beyond expectations with the application of technical and business knowledge
* Wrangling - identify, integrate and transform a wide array of data sources such as databases, API's, flat files, connecting online to offline, shaping data in preparation for reporting.
* Creativity - Applying the most appropriate visualisation techniques to complex business problems, develop interactive solutions that highlight key trends / metrics to inform key decisions.
* Story Telling - Bring the insights to life by great story telling and engaging visualisations to help inform decision making
* Action - Active member of the Digital Analytics and Insight team building the team brand and championing digital data skills across the team
- Strong visual design skills in bringing complex insights to life in Tableau, experience with open source visualisation (D3 / RShiny) is a plus
* Advanced expertise in Alteryx for data preparation & automation of workflows
* Experience in a visualisation role
* At ease working with complex data sets applying strong technical coding skills in SQL for data aggregation. Familiarity with Python / R is a bonus for bespoke data development and visualisation
* Experience with cloud database engines like Snowflake (preferred), BigQuery, Redshift
* Technical experience in digital analytics and associated technologies. We are fully invested in the Adobe stack (Analytics, Launch, Target, Campaign, AEM, AEP coming in Q4)
* Passionate about data visualisation, presenting desperate data sources into a compelling story to drive data led change and develop a data community
* Excellent critical thinking skills to help solve business problems and make decisions
* Self-starter with the ability to demonstrate self-direction, take others on a journey to achieve outcomes
* Collaboration skills to work across the organisation with virtual teams and stakeholders, leading the digital data led agenda
* Strong attention to detail regarding data, data quality and scripting to ensure robust and grounded recommendations are made
* Humble, positive and problem-solving nature
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Service Desk Analyst
Service Desk Analyst
Commercial Finance Analyst
BUSINESS ANALYST (.NET) - CONTRACT - SWORDS - IRELAND - REMOTE
Finance Analyst (6 month Contract)