|Job Title:||Train-to-Fit LAN Engineer|
|REF:||T2F LAN - London_1675750869|
|Contact Name:||Chris Perry|
|Job Published:||about 2 months ago|
Network Technician - GC LAN Team
London - Near Whitehall SW1A
We are looking for an experienced Network Technician to join us working as part of the Global Connectivity LAN Support team. The team support MoD infrastructure throughout UK and overseas on a 24/7 basis.
This role will require the incumbent to work core hours (07.00 to 19.00) shift pattern to satisfy operational needs.
Other responsibilities include:
- Responsible for providing a high level of support and advice to all of the accounts that are currently supported by the shared networks teams
- Involved with small to medium sized project work (Includes MSCs & Planned work
- Mentor and trainer to TSNE09 engineers
- Takes ownership of incidents and progresses them through to resolution
- Takes ownership of more complex issues than at TSNE09 level.
- Takes escalations from TSNE09 engineers and ensures all high severity incidents are escalated to the Incident Management Team
- Perform known, existing implementation solutions, return to baseline configuration of routers and switches if and when required.
- Will review requests for network management, security & Configuration changes through a BAU change or catalogue process
- Able to verify Networking Management, Security & Configuration requirements and apply changes to provision tooling templates
- Investigate Service improvements and make recommendations based on these investigations
- Able to work in a team or on their own with no or very little supervision
- Produce and present service reports using tools available, e.g.eHealth
- Escalates to TSNE10 and Technical Manager where required
- Stands in for Technical Specialist
- Well established, self-sufficient team member
- 3rd party management where technical dialogue is required with 3rd party engineers.
- Detailed analysis of provided requirements and other output from upgrades, changes or catalogue requests and map to current network management, security & configuration processes, architectures and designs
- Raise, support and progress MSCs if required.
- Detailed analysis of logs and other output from network devices.
- Packet capture analysis.
- Ability to work at short notice (within reason) when required
- Requires elevated security clearance (Yellow minimal Orange preferable)
- High Technical knowledge of networks, network security and their configuration and operational processes
- Minimum of two years commercial networking experience.
- Strong, in depth knowledge of networking technologies, i.e. LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, routing, switching and subnet addressing.
- Strong in depth knowledge of networking hardware, ideally from the Cisco & Juniper family,
- Experience of network implementation work
- Good Network Management, Security and Configuration understanding
- Working knowledge of ISDN, VPN, Broadband solutions.
- Experience with network monitoring and troubleshooting tools
Desirable Skills Required:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate.
- Previous experience of network design.
- ITIL Foundation or knowledge of ITIL processes.
- Understanding of network security.
- Routers & Switches
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Domino/Sametime Integration Engineer
Security Cleared 3rd Line Network Engineer/Network Support
Network Engineer/3rd Line Network Support (Juniper SRX)
Network Analyst (Shift)
IT Infrastructure Alert & ITIL Event Manager
Warehouse Operator - Asset Recycling Dept.