6 month contract
London 3 days, remote 2 days
Our IT Team is looking for an experienced Systems Administrator with strong technical skills to manage and support all Server and Cloud systems to provide a resilient, effective, and flexible IT environment for the business.
Ensure that support incidents are resolved in a timely manner to meet defined service level targets and to participate as a project resource as and when required.
Your role will be to perform configuration and maintenance of hardware and software infrastructure. This includes but is not limited to setting up servers, installing OS, onboarding software management platform and elements of system design.
Remote working is here to stay, and most of our work will continue to be delivered remotely. We work flexibly but always with the goal of delivering our personal, team, functional and organisational objectives. Typically, we expect everyone will work between two and three days per week onsite from an office location.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with our IT and Engineering team to manage and maintain existing systems
- Setting up servers, installing OS and onboarding software management platform
- Setting up and managing user accounts
- Identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based and on-prem solutions
- Define and document best practices and strategies regarding application deployment and infrastructure maintenance
- Ensure system performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards and thoughtful design
- Managing environments in accordance with company security guidelines
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade systems
- Manage cloud services - Active Directory, Microsoft Endpoint Manager (Intune), MDM, GCP
- Troubleshoot incidents, identify root causes, fix and document problems, and implement preventive measures
- Support the wider team efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- System design expertise
- Experience in Windows Server and Linux environments
- Experience in Azure, AWS and GCP
- Excellent understanding and management of Switches, Firewalls and Wireless systems
- Scripting awareness in Bash, PowerShell or Python
- Experience with endpoint configuration management solutions
- Demonstrable ability to quickly learn new technologies and methodologies
- Experience in any cybersecurity compliance is highly desirable
- Good communication and documentation skills to produce technical reports
- Strong openness and desire to operate in an agile environment and adapt to the fast-paced changing landscape
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Operations Manager - systems