* Operating tools to process material through the applicable stage in the manufacturing process according to the standard required in SOP documents, meeting targets for cycle time and quality and ensuring safety guidelines are followed at all times.
* Operating a variety of different types of Fab / Test Equipment - optical vision systems, manual and automated devices as well as the use of chemicals.
* Carrying out quality inspections, requiring strong attention to detail.
* Identifying and implementing opportunities to improve quality, efficiency and safety with a focus on driving improvements to yield.
* Completing documentation to a high standard and collating data on processes as required.
* Recording and tracking metrology information using computer-aided statistical process control
* Learning new processes and procedures when new equipment is commissioned or new processes are developed.
* This position is in a cleanroom environment requiring cleanroom gowning and cleanroom protocol. Some positions involve working near hazardous chemicals using proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
* Experience of working in a manufacturing and/or cleanroom environment
* Experience of operating machinery or carrying out technical processes
* Good manual dexterity and attention to detail
* Experience of applying a quality standard to your work
* Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
* Basic computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook) - able to enter data into the manufacturing system and interpret data to identify issues
* Experience of working in semiconductor wafer/chip fabrication
* An understanding of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing principles
* Confident working safely with and around chemicals (training and PPE is provided)
* Basic math skills to enable you to calculate measurements
* Quality assurance experience
* Candidates must be eligible to, and hold all relevant finalised paperwork, to live and work in the UK. Copies of Passports and Visas will be requested.
* This is initially a 12-month temp/agency worker contract, to be extended for further 12-month periods dependent on performance and workload. Assignments are renewed on the 31st December each year.
* There is no public transport to site at times during shift working hours, so you must have your own transport and/or ability to travel to site. Free parking is available on site.
*33 days annual leave entitlement per year (including UK public holidays)
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.