|Job Title:||Senior Structural Engineer - Telecoms / Construction|
|Contact Name:||Sara Rowe|
|Job Published:||12 months ago|
Senior Structural Engineer - Permanent - Mobile Telecoms
Mostly Remote Working with occasional visits (1-2 times/month) to Reading.
In a nutshell: We are looking for a Senior Structural Engineer to be the interface between the Shareholders and Design contractors. Reviewing Design proposals to ensure they meet the requirements and in line with the Company's design requirements.
Telco background or Building / Construction industry
We are seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to support in driving structural engineering competence of telecom infrastructures sites.
What you can expect to be doing:
Creation of structural design scope and feasibility reports for use by Designers and PC's
- Understand the Company and Shareholder requirements and translate these into concise briefs for use by partners
- Be a strong advocate for Health and Safety and Quality. Work with the Design team to identify best practice for Health and Safety.
- Review proposals to consider that the structural design offered by Design suppliers meet the scope requirements, and should they not ensure there is a clearly documented rationale as to why the chosen solution has been selected
- Liaise with Design, Acquisition and Deployment teams.
- Work with partners and provide design feedback, resolve Design queries, and drive good practice throughout the supplier base.
- Review drawings on behalf of The Company
- Ensuring the designs comply with technical documentation.
- Acting as Design interface between Structural Design and other departments and external suppliers.
What we are looking for:
- BEng (Hons) or MEng Structural Engineering (Level 6/7)
- Understanding of Building & Health & Safety Acts, including Building Regulations, British Standards/Eurocodes & Construction (Design & Management) 2015
- Current Driving Licence
- Computer literate for MS Word, MS Excel, Emails, MS PowerPoint.
- Ability to interpret and author documentation to a good standard.
- Construction knowledge/experience from mainstream or Telecom's design consultancy/contractor
- Ability to run projects end-to-end, liaising with all stakeholders
- >5 years design experience in general or telecoms infrastructure with an operator, MSP or Designer/PC.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Senior Finance Manager
3rd Line Network Engineer/LAN Engineer/Network Technician
2nd Line Network Engineer/LAN Engineer/Network Technician
Senior Finance Manager
LAN Engineer/2nd Line Network Technician (Cisco/Juniper)