|Job Title:||Senior Network Architect|
|Contact Name:||Amber Lowman|
|Job Published:||10 months ago|
Senior Network Architect
*security clearance is required for this role but candidates not holding this level of clearance will be considered*
Leading IT Services Provider in the defence sector require a skilled Senior Network Architect to join their team in Basingstoke
We are looking for a Senior Network Architect who has experience in delivering crypto solutions. They will assist in the design, delivery and management of Network Services on a project within a secure environment. Your main responsibilities are:
- Provide day to day support to the Solution Lead, Programme and Project Managers to deliver the required network designs as specified in work packages.
- To support the Lead Architect/ CTO in defining designs in line with requirements.
- To take ownership of HLD/LLD components for specific key design areas.
- To ensure that the network requirements within the project's Requirements and Traceability Matrix (RCTM) are met.
- To interface with all project stakeholders to ensure project deliverables are aligned and technical solutions and allocated resource are used in the most efficient manner.
- To provide technical and network expertise relating to standard network architecture building blocks (i.e. Core, Distribution, Access layer)
- To ensure the designs produced are fit for purpose and are capable of being put through Design Approval Board (DAB).
- To ensure that the designs produced by the project are conformant with the clients Business management standards
- Provide input into reports, when required, to the Customer, Programme team and Solution Lead
- Liaise with and assist with managing 3rd parties and their technical deliverables
- Provide impact assessment on customer and internal Change Requests
- Excellent design experience in proposing and utilizing technologies from Juniper and Cisco
- Experience of delivering network solutions and involvement throughout the design lifecycle
- Experience of delivering secure networks and associated security accreditation processes
- Network design within virtualized infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of approved hardware encryption devices, such as Catapan and Bulldog
- Juniper JNCIS-ENT accreditation
- Cisco CCNP/CCDP accreditation
- Firewalls specifically from Juniper, Cisco and Fortinet portfolio
- Network Routing protocols i.e. BGP,OSPF
- SVI/RVI and VLAN design and configuration
- Network Time Protocol design and configuration
- SNMPv3, Syslog,
- AAA design and configuration
- IPv4 and IPv6 Network Addressing
- Remote Access solutions and VPN design i,e Cisco AnyConnect
- Network troubleshooting
- Passive infrastructure - i.e. OM3 fibre, 62.5 /50 micron, fibre termination types
Please apply via this site in the first instance, or send a CV with a covering note to Amber.Lowman@projectpeople.com
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.