|Job Title:||Senior Legal Counsel - Consumer Regulatory|
|Salary:||£100000 - £120000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Cordelia Du Plessis|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
- Senior Legal Counsel: Consumer Regulatory
- FTC - Until April\May 2023
You will help develop and implement our consumer legal strategy. You will analyse the legal obligations which affect The Company - Develop a response and recommend a strategy to the Senior managers. You will engage regularly with the business, advise on issues of strategic, legal and reputation importance and represent externally as required.
You'll be part of the Marketing, Consumer Regulatory and External Affairs team within the Legal, Government and Regulatory Affairs function (LGRA).
LGRA provides the legal and regulatory operational backbone of our business that help manage the brand and protect The Company's reputation.
You will report directly into the Head of Legal, Customer and Regulatory. The Regulatory team manages interactions with Ofcom and other regulators in respect of customer regulatory matters. The overall objective of the team is to give consumers the freedom to enjoy The Company's mobile services.
Role & Responsibilities
At a high level the role involves taking end-to-end responsibility for legal and regulatory matters affecting the mobile and broadband industry and advising on the application of legislation and regulation to business. As Senior Counsel in the role you would have responsibility for the following areas:
- Advising on compliance with legal and regulatory obligations and legal aspects of policy development and strategy for consumer legal and regulatory matters;
- Managing disputes/litigation relating to customer claims including managing a paralegal;
- Managing external advisors to help analyse legal and regulatory issues;
- Providing Risk and Incident management legal support including advising on appropriate business responses;
- Analysing new product and service proposals and advising on the legal and regulatory implications including project and major programme support;
- Advising on the impact of changes to legislation and regulation;
- Maintaining key customer contractual documentation;
- Providing legal input to responses to regulatory consultations from Government, Ofcom and other regulators;
- Working with many parts of the business including Commercial, Consumer, Service, Sales, Enterprise, Risk & Compliance and New Product Development.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications Needed
- Typically 7-10+ year's PQE and qualification at well-respected law firm in the UK or another Commonwealth jurisdiction.
- Strong background in consumer law.
- Prior UK in-house experience in a consumer facing business ideally in telecoms or communications company or regulator.
- Above all, you act as a business enabler. You are commercially minded and provide business-savvy, pragmatic legal and regulatory advice.
- You display clarity of thought and are proficient in analysing and explaining complex issues clearly.
- You balance strategic, "big picture" thinking with analytical ability and attention to detail.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and can put together clear and concise arguments, advice and presentations tailored to your audience.
- Good interpersonal skills are critical. You can influence people at all levels (both internally and externally) in a clear, succinct and persuasive way.
You can build and maintain a network of contacts across the business and have experience in stakeholder management.
- You possess an approachable and friendly attitude, excellent time management and organisational skills, including ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritise quickly and effectively, switching between different tasks as required.
Should this be you and you are looking to join an Inclusive, Diverse and People Oriented Culture - Then Click Apply!!
Should you not hear back from us within 2 weeks - Please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.