The incumbent will be part of the company's Economic Regulation function within the Legal, Government and Regulatory Affairs Team (LGRA). LGRA provides the legal and operational backbone of our business. We help manage our brand, protect our reputation, advocate The Company's interests in the marketplace and deliver our message to customers, regulators, and government
You will be responsible for competition law at The Company and advise on a wide range of regulatory matters.
In addition, you will lead our response to regulatory initiatives from Ofcom, the CMA and Government, working across the business to develop a position that aligns with our commercial goals.
You will work directly with our senior management, learning first-hand from their experience and being able to showcase your abilities to them.
The role will include:
- Providing competition law and regulatory advice to colleagues at The Company.
- Managing our competition law compliance programme and advising the business on day-to-day compliance with competition law, ensuring The Company stays on the right side of the law.
- Leading our response to policy initiatives from regulators - developing our regulatory strategy, obtaining sign-off for our recommended response, drafting consultation responses and presenting our position internally and to regulators
- Working closely with the General Counsel and the business to identify priorities and agree strategy.
- Establishing and maintaining productive working relationships with external parties, including regulators, legal advisers and industry counterparts.
- UK or EU Qualified.
- PQE and qualification at well-respected law firm in the UK or another Commonwealth jurisdiction.
- Experience working at a top legal firm, in-house or at one of our regulators (e.g. Ofcom, CMA, etc)
- You are commercially minded and provide business-savvy, pragmatic competition law and regulatory advice.
- You balance strategic, "big picture" thinking with analytical ability and attention to detail.
- You can influence people at all levels (both internally and externally) in a clear, succinct, and persuasive way.
- You can build and maintain a network of contacts across the business and have experience in stakeholder management.
Project People is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.