|Job Title:||Security Cleared Solaris Engineer/2nd/3rd Line Solaris Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Cassie Butcher|
|Job Published:||about 1 year ago|
Security Cleared Solaris Engineer/2nd & 3rd Line Solaris Engineer/Solaris Systems Administrator is urgently required by our Global IT Services Company for an initial 6 months rolling contract, to be based remotely with some travel to Telford. Candidates must be able to travel to Telford when required.
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Must have 2nd to 3rd Line Solaris servers and platforms support experience, within large scale infrastructures (1000+ servers).
- Our client is currently seeking a Solaris Engineer with proven experience in an implementation and 2nd /3rd line support, to work within a project to virtualise servers & migrate them into a new data centre.
- You will need to have significant Solaris 10 & 11 & Oracle hardware experience and we will require very strong working knowledge and current experience of the operating system.
- Ops Centre experience
- UNIX scripting skills
- Candidates must be able to travel to Telford when required.
- Knowledge of Linux (SUSE, RHEL or OEL)
- Significant Solaris 10 & 11 & Oracle hardware experience
- Good understanding of Storage, Networking & Cloud computing technologies
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal communication.
- Have proven problem solving abilities.
- Awareness of the ITIL Service Management framework and specifically incident and change management.
- Oracle Solaris 11 System Administration, or the Solaris 10 equivalent, or equivalent.
A national security clearance is required for this role but candidates not holding this level of clearance will be considered. This is an urgent requirement; please apply as soon as possible if you would like to be considered.
A leading global IT services organisation with 10,000 employees and annual revenue of nearly £2 billion in the UK alone. Projects delivered for private, Government, International and Defence customers are some of the largest and most technically innovative solutions found in the world. Their business is rapidly expanding to meet current and future commitments due to numerous exciting programmes currently being developed. These solutions will use the latest technology to resolve some of the most complex requirements for a challenging group of customers.
Project People and our clients are fully committed to developing an inclusive workforce. Applications are always fully considered, irrespective of race, gender, faith, sexual orientation, ethnic origin or part-time status.
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
CISCO NETWORK ENGINEER - BASINGSTOKE - ONSITE
Technical Service Engineer Practitioner
Location: City of London
Cabling Engineer Lead - Copper & Fibre